• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Jury Strut replacement queseion

md11freighter

FRIEND
Wasilla
Jury strut and clamps are corroded so I need to replace everything. Everything is painted and ready to go.
My question is whats the easiest way to get the cable through the clamps and fairleads? Disonnect the cables from the Ailerons or the stick? Any tricks to doing it?

Thanks guys!

Jury strut and clamps are corroded so I need to replace everything. Everything is painted and ready to go.
My question is whats the easiest way to get the cable through the clamps and fairleads? Disonnect the cables from the Ailerons or the stick? Any tricks to doing it?

Thanks guys!

stick

Stick. And you will have to undo one turnbuckle, unless you are stronger than me in tight places.
Tie the stick with the seat belt then apply pressure on one aileron against the stick. The bolt at the aileron will slide out. No need to touch turnbuckles. Or have someone help by holding the stick. Then pull out the bolt at the bottom of the stick.

Back