• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Steve's Brake Boosters

On Patrol

BENEFACTOR
Wentworth NH" The WAD" NH96
Had an issue with a 12 year old brake booster. Called Brian at Steve's Aircraft and he told me to send it out to him in Oregon. He went through it and replaced a worn cap and sent it with new O rings and what have you with it back to me in under a week. It came back with full explanation and No invoice. What more can I say about good company service and a very satisfied customer. I feel very intelligent for choosing Steve's the first time.

I’ve had them on mine since 2003, only problem was within the first year or so they sent me new updated locko seals but The originals were working fine for me. I add a little 5606 once a year or so and that’s it... great company and a great product as is The indestructible gascolator that I put on every one I can.

I keep hearing that. I understand the problem with a broken gascolator, but suspect the same problem with a broken carb or gas tank. I agree that Steve makes great products.

Went a few years with original bale gasculator. With multiple tricks learned to try and keep it from leaking.
installed Steve's Gasculator and have never looked back.
John

You've heard these types of stories before: installed 150 hp on my PA-12 and couldn't hold airplane stationary during run-up---even with double puck Cevelands. While sumping fuel in Whitehorse, fuel flowed from gascolator gasket. I added Steve's brake booster and gascolator 10 years ago and not a problem since. Great quality, easy to install---no more worries!

I just replaced my North River boosters with a set of Steve's boosters on my PA-12. Tried 'em out today and WOW what a difference! I've seen it written here that you can do your run-up with the parking brake set..., it's true!
I've go a 160 and 31" bushwheels (as well as a whole bunch of other mods). This mod was worth every penny!

Getting ready to order Steve’s brake boosters. I have an under seat battery will I need the low profile? How much time should I allow to install?

Mine's a PA-12 with a Atlee Dodge Super Cub seat and under seat battery. I used the regular booster (not the low profile) and put a brass street elbow on the reservoir to get seat clearance. Fit nice!
Install time will probably be influenced most by your brake lines... Mine are flexible on both ends but I still had to put a new hole in the floorboard to line up the brake line. How fast do you work?

I flew my -12 to Steve and Brian's shop for brake masters a couple weeks ago, just because I wasn't certain what I might get into doing it myself - and besides I wanted to meet them. Brian did the real work, and I pulled and replaced access panels between gear legs. It was about 4 hours, including all the paperwork. They're great guys and I'm very happy.

IMG_0337.JPGIMG_0335.jpgIMG_0334.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 184
I have used two hose barb fittings, clear vinyl hose and Adel clamps to the seat tubes to hold the reservoirs.

I was initially a little concerned about kicking the reservoirs when getting in and out, but it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Back