• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Is 70 too old?

The only thing clear is that Avemco is out of line. Only jettisoned one plane in my career. I gave it back to the taxpayers.

I've insured with them since I've been in the Lower 48, and their rates have been competitive. And, yes, I've checked.

That said, sometimes it seems like there's some use of a crystal ball and potions involved in determining rates. I've talked to others who've gotten high quotes, that seem out of line.

Of course, the other side of that coin is that you never really know how good a deal you got till you break something.

MTV

I just renewed the Cub last month via Falcon and Avemco was the best quote and 6 years ago when I went out of my way to keep Pierce employed they wouldn't quote me. This year was up about 3% over the previous year, and it was down that time from the previous year. With Falcon the sooner you get your questioner filled out and back to them the more options they can present, I always ask to see the results of all quotes.

So true. It is amazing how some crow about their great insurance rates without reading their policies. In some cases, off airport, etc. may not be covered. That wouldn't work well for many of us on this forum.

Eddie, did you try BWI? They seem like straight shooters and might be able to give you both insight and a decent rate + policy.
J

Of course, the other side of that coin is that you never really know how good a deal you got till you break something.

MTV

Back