• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Matco Tailwheels?

y1mK0pAKR3i1ItWyhDugIw.jpgyWajRyjGS5yh9UNK8r3VHQ.jpg Is this definitely a Scott 2000, or something else? You can see the workaround fix the previous owner made to get the locking workingwaCyCJ4ARbWfoUsyNo8dCw.jpg

Attachments

• waCyCJ4ARbWfoUsyNo8dCw.jpg
    waCyCJ4ARbWfoUsyNo8dCw.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 166
  • yWajRyjGS5yh9UNK8r3VHQ.jpg
    yWajRyjGS5yh9UNK8r3VHQ.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 171
  • y1mK0pAKR3i1ItWyhDugIw.jpg
    y1mK0pAKR3i1ItWyhDugIw.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 175
Agreed, but they look so very cool :)

I got very close to buying a used Alaskan Bushwheels 3200 yesterday, but there were doubts about its serviceability and it was looking like an expensive risk as no returns. The 6131 is still an economical option, but I can't get the look of the Scott/ABI 3200 out of my mind!!

You will be happy with what ever TW you buy. Only one I don't like is 8" Maule, smaller one is fine. The 2000 Scott is a great TW but you need to be careful buying used without seeing it apart as parts a scarse.
Lang 501 is a great TW and is very similar to 2000 except it's got a better clutch and parts are available and cheap, I have bought 2 Lang's on eBay for less then $140 each, one was perfect and one needed $50 worth of parts, hub, bearing and wheels are identical, Scott hubcap even fits. One on eBay right now, offer $300 and see what happens

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lang-Tail-...185122&hash=item2ce25f7ff1:g:zlkAAOSw-4JcAaWu[SUB][/SUB]

Glenn

Last edited:
You will be happy with what ever TW you buy. Only one I don't like is 8" Maule, smaller one is fine. The 2000 Scott is a great TW but you need to be careful buying used without seeing it apart as parts a scarse.
Lang 501 is a great TW and is very similar to 2000 except it's got a better clutch and parts are available and cheap, I have bought 2 Lang's on eBay for less then $140 each, one was perfect and one needed $50 worth of parts, hub, bearing and wheels are identical, Scott hubcap even fits. One on eBay right now, offer $300 and see what happens

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lang-Tail-...185122&hash=item2ce25f7ff1:g:zlkAAOSw-4JcAaWu[SUB][/SUB]

Glenn

Thanks Glenn! Good to see your pics of the 6131 in snow earlier, looks like you’re happy with it and sounds like it does a good and no nonsense tailwheel job? Which to be honest, is what I need #6131FunctionOver3200Form [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

I have the dual fork 10" Matco on my Rans S7. Works like a charm and am told needs no maintenance unless you are in water a lot.
I just checked the Matco website--
the dual-fork models look better, but I still don't care for the looks of the single fork version.

[/QUOTE]

I have the dual fork 10" Matco on my Rans S7. Works like a charm and am told needs no maintenance unless you are in water a lot.
I just checked the Matco website--
the dual-fork models look better, but I still don't care for the looks of the single fork version.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Arnold, this is where I came in and given the brilliant feedback and reports in this thread, it’s now boiled down to a straight fight-3200 vs 6131 [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

I'm looking to replace the 6" solid Maule on my PA18-95 with the Matco 8" Pneumatic, does anyone have a 337 that's been done on this tailwheel installation?

Back