Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General C180 questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    There’s a guy named Guy Ginbey who’ll make a silicone duplicate of any rubber part you send him. Great stuff at a great price. Google Gee Bee Aeroproducts. He doesn’t have a website, but sells through links on CSOBeech.com. Or you could join Beechtalk and PM him there.

No connection. Just a customer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean a silicone mold?

Quote Originally Posted by StuBob View Post
    There’s a guy named Guy Ginbey who’ll make a silicone duplicate of any rubber part you send him. Great stuff at a great price. Google Gee Bee Aeroproducts. He doesn’t have a website, but sells through links on CSOBeech.com. Or you could join Beechtalk and PM him there.

No connection. Just a customer.
    "Put out my hand and touched the face of God!"

Post Thanks / Like
    No, he makes parts of silicone rubber, if I understand correctly. I bought gas cap gaskets from him. They were blue, rubbery, and perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I've bought a number of scat type hoses off Guy Ginbey on a Bonanza reno project before. Fantastic gear and Guy's very passionate about his gear. (you do have to push through the cryptic message pain sometimes, but well worth it)

Thanks Eddie. I had looked at A/S site but hadn't had your success.

On another note bloody aeroplanes consume a lot of money.

A few weeks ago I ask a guy I know to look at the gyro driven AH and DG. Got them back with $2800 worth of work and bearings/gimbals. I guess not bad considering they're 45 years old.

I had my engine mount blasted, and anywhere it's close to the exhaust, it's badly pitted. So it'll be off to the welder I guess.

The moto of one of the many schools I went to was 'onwards and upwards'.
    Last edited by texmex; 04-05-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ridiculousness View Post
    Fine Wire plugs are an obvious way to go as far as spark plugs. I have only ran slick Mags and don't change them very often... usually once maybe twice we change a left mag on an IO-540 in the 2400 hours we run them. I bought a Factory New O470-R it came with Slicks. I am going to switch to fine wire plugs at 500 hundred hours but wouldn't think twice about switching to Bendix mags, just because they are easier to rebuild.... it sucks to have to rebuild any mags but its part of owning an airplane you fly enough you will have an issue with a magneto at some point. If my engine came with Bendix Mags I wouldn't switch them out either.... so run iridium spark plugs and overhaul your mags with the motor who cares what brand they are.
    What ever you decide to run just make sure they are Tempest and not Champion.
    Thanks ridiculousness thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking to buy real nice Cessna 180. Everything looks good except some minor corrosion on bottom of upper wing skins. Minor that you can see some discoloration but can't feel it. Looks to have been treated. Moving it to Southern Idaho from Seattle area. Living where I do corrosion is usually not a problem. I know it won't heal but would I expect it to get worse in this dry area?

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    No

Quote Originally Posted by don d View Post
    Looking to buy real nice Cessna 180. Everything looks good except some minor corrosion on bottom of upper wing skins. Minor that you can see some discoloration but can't feel it. Looks to have been treated. Moving it to Southern Idaho from Seattle area. Living where I do corrosion is usually not a problem. I know it won't heal but would I expect it to get worse in this dry area?

Don
    "Put out my hand and touched the face of God!"

Post Thanks / Like
    What do the insides of the wings and every else look like, does it have the seal plane kit with treated insides? My bird had some minor belly corrosion from a past life on floats that was treated and spot painted and if all else is good I wouldn't be that worried.
    Remember, These are the Good old Days!