Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Used floats

Post Thanks / Like

Used floats

Interested in used floats for my Pa18-95 90hp. I have no experience with floats or float flying but would like to someday. At this point price is my biggest concern next to safety of course. Not something that I see happening soon but if I could find a set for the right price I would buy them for future use. THANKS

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know where you're located but if there's some place not too far away where you can get your float rating in any flavor of Cub, do it! It's a LOT of fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Signed up at Jack Browns in Fla the end of March
    Thanks arcticman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I see that you are in PA. Is the seaplane base in Essington still in existence? It is or was on the river just west of the Philadelphia airport. Might be worth your while to check it out?
    N1PA

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the latest info listed in the Seaplane Pilots Assoc. It is still in operation. Thanks, I may check it out
    Thanks 1piece@atime thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The Philly Seaplane Base has support from people at a nearby airport. I used them as a potential divert location during my straight float ferry flight from Maine to southern Maryland. They were willing to bring me gas if I got stuck. I didn't need to use them, but plan to go visit this summer.

I'm doing seaplane training in a 160hp PA-12 at MD01 in Dameron, MD (1.5 hours southeast of DC). I probably won't be back on floats until April, but feel free to reach out. It's a little closer than Lakeland, but I've heard Jack Brown's is a blast. I'm planning a few hours there in September. I'm at www.somdseaplanes.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I'll be in Florida at that time which makes it nice but would like to check out some closer bases. Thanks again

Super Dave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out CubsFloats and Fun! The “Mistress” started out as a PA-19 L-18c with a C-90-12f and PK1500. I have lots of experience with this engine and floats. Give me a call and let’s talk! Dave Lewis 318-880-7787. Owner and chief bottle washer at #cubsfloatsandfun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Dave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Www.cubsfloatsandfun.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk