• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Inspection cover buttons

Eddie Foy

South Florida
Anyone have a part number or source for the buttons that secure the nspection plates in the floor on a 180.

Those'll come in handy.
I'm up to about a #14 screw in some of the stripped out screw holes.
:oops:

I took a count yesterday, I need 40 of them not counting the rectangular inspection cover aft of the flap tunnel.
At 80 cents each for those Cessna studs, that's $32. Whew!
That's almost an hours worth of mogas.
Guess I'll stick with the stripped out screws until I can find a cheaper substitute.

The rectangular cover is the only one that's supposed to be screwed down.

How much does your IA charge you to remove all those screws rather than just popping the covers up? False economy.

I have found Cessnas with short machine screws and even nails with the shanks cut short in the floor. If carpet covers them and keeps them in the hole they work as well as the buttons that are a loose fit. Look closely under the floor in all the corners and you might find most of those that are missing.

You could try McMaster Carr 9563K81 1/8 nickel plated plug. Not sure if they would fit, but worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rectangular cover is the only one that's supposed to be screwed down.
How much does your IA charge you to remove all those screws rather than just popping the covers up? False economy.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that my IPC will show those inspection covers being screwed down.
As to false economy, I'm the one that removes all those screws at annual time.
Like I said, I'll search out a less-costly solution.

No, IPC shows the 49330 studs for the floorboard plates. That stud p/n is superseded by S1878-1. The external inspection plates are secured by screws.

Just came from the airport, where I checked my IPC...
yep, p/n 49330 stud, tri-mount.
I stand corrected.

Back