Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 8th Annual Zorbaz Zki (and Big Tires, snow permitting) Plane Flyin

Post Thanks / Like

8th Annual Zorbaz Zki (and Big Tires, snow permitting) Plane Flyin

We hope you will join us for the 8th Annual Zorbaz Zki Plane Chili Fly-In on Saturday, February 9, 2019
    11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Little Sand Lake, Park Rapids, MN
    7 nm NW of Park Rapids, 042 degree PKD radial (110.6)
    N 46.978304 W -94.949727

Please join us for the 8th Annual Zorbaz Zki Plane Chili Fly-In at Zorbaz Restaurant on Little Sand Lake. We will bazk in the glow of a fire, zlurp down zome really great chili, enjoy good company and the warmth of Zhateau Zorbaz. Little Sand Lake is 7 nm NW of Park Rapids on the 042 degree PKD radial, N46.978304 W -94.949727. For more information, call Robb Swanson at (21 237-1969, or email robb@zorbaz.com or visit www.zorbaz.com for updates. Fuel available self-serve at Park Rapids Aviation.

We will be updating lake conditions as the date approaches, but please mark this on your calendars. The chili is truly delicious, and Chateau Zorbaz is a nice, warm, inviting place to eat and tell flying stories and lies!

Randy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gyro1 copy.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	41017

Name:	Z7.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	41018

Name:	d11358dd738e1d16f29d7a4b.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	261.9 KB 
ID:	41019
    Likes N85HY, Cubus Maximus, marcusofcotton liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Any snow and runway updates would be appreciated......cold day but should be doable with a little warm chili.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul, thanks for the note.

I have communicated with the folks at Park Rapids and they are deciding whether to call off the Flyin, or to reschedule in 2 weeks. I will post something here as soon as I hear from Robb Swanson, co-owner of Zorbaz.

There is about 18 inches of snow on the lake, and given the temps it isn't going to melt anytime soon. The temps are forecast to be with a high of 5 degrees F at 3:00 pm, with a low Friday night of -25 degrees F. That will put the forecast temps at 11:00 a.m. at about -5 degrees F.

Sorry I can't tell you more, but will update soon.

Randy
    Likes C130jake liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I received word from the Zorbaz crew with their decision to cancel this year's Zorbaz Chili Flyin. Forecast temps are at -7 degrees F at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow, warming up to zero by noon. It will be down to -25 degrees F tonight there. I think this to be a good decision.

Randy, for the Zorbaz Crew
    Likes C130jake liked this post