• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

$13.30 per horse

At 1645 lbs dry, plan on extended wings and a mid-engine mount. Pick up an Aircobra propshaft to spin between your legs, and yes, you would have the coolest supercub around!

In all seriousness, what would this thing cost to overhaul if you sent it to Vintage V12s or one of the Merlin overhaul shops? I’ve always wondered and have been to chicken to ask a warbird driver in the know. Surely there’s a heavy hitter or the friend of one on here that would have a ballpark number?

I had a chance to buy a flying Mustang in the early 60s for $8,000 including pickled Packard RR as above. I thought on it as a good pension investment, send it home to the barn because I couldn't afford to fly it. Reason prevailed and I bought a 180 for $9,000.

In all seriousness, what would this thing cost to overhaul if you sent it to Vintage V12s or one of the Merlin overhaul shops? I’ve always wondered and have been to chicken to ask a warbird driver in the know. Surely there’s a heavy hitter or the friend of one on here that would have a ballpark number?

Steve Pierce??? You out there? You have any clue since you know folks in that world?

Hard to find even a 180 for 9k anymore...

Back