• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Performance STOL Flaps

Steve Pierce

BENEFACTOR
Graham, TX
SOLD I have a new set of Performance STOL flaps new in the box, never even been out of the box. Customer decided he didn't want them. I have another set on order that are 2 months out. That customer won't be ready till February or later so if anyone does not want to wait the current 2 months Airframes is quoting I have a set ready to go. $8450 plus shipping from Graham, Texas or pick up. Picture is of a set I previously installed. Installation Photo Album
IMG_20181108_101946.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181108_101946.jpg
    IMG_20181108_101946.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 4,728
Last edited:
They would look good on your cub. Let us know how they work in a plane your comfortable with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any field approvals yet for -12s, or future stc ? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Dave you’re at the perfect stage to install those on your cub!! And we need a set in the northeast anyhow. Might as well tell Steve to ship ‘em! Where else is all that Bearhawk money going to go? :)

Transmitted from my FlightPhone

I have a new set of Performance STOL flaps new in the box, never even been out of the box. Customer decided he didn't want them. I have another set on order that are 2 months out. That customer won't be ready till February or later so if anyone does not want to wait the current 2 months Airframes is quoting I have a set ready to go. $8450 plus shipping from Graham, Texas or pick up. Picture is of a set I previously installed. Installation Photo Album
View attachment 40652

how long does it take you to install them Steve? on a covered wing.

Takes me around 16 hours but I have installed around 10 sets and have figured out some things and have some special tools. The previous wing builder has screwed up that time in a few cases. ;)

Those flaps were sold to Gunner in 2019. Do you have a field approval for the PA12 or are you in process? If in process what have you done so far?

Thanks, will look forward to hearing how it goes, I'd love to do these on mine if I can get an approval, and while prior approvals don't automatically get RE-approved anymore(sadly a fact in this current sue happy society and the fact that most FAA refuse to do their job because "somebody might sue them someday"), it still helps "sometimes".
Will let you know when it happens

So are you using the Day/Night STC and deviating based on that? I’m curious how this is written up. If you got this done via Field Approval then good on you! Could you post a copy?

Back