• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Celebrating Ten Years of Carbon Cub Innovation

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
[h=1][/h]TEN YEARS OF
CARBON CUB INNOVATION

Yakima, Washington – December 19, 2018: CubCrafters will celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the Carbon Cub, the company’s most popular airframe series, during 2019. Milestones from the Carbon Cub history will be commemorated throughout the year and will culminate in an open-invitation fly-in & reception in October, dubbed Cubfest 2019, at the company’s factory headquarters in Yakima, Washington.

The original Carbon Cub SS, first sold in 2009 as a Light Sport Aircraft (LSA), was known for its jaw-dropping performance resulting from an all-new lightweight design incorporating a 180 horsepower engine under the cowl. The model has proven so desirable that the SS became the best-selling LSA in America, and is now the benchmark by which other STOL aircraft are judged.
From the time of its launch, the Carbon Cub was a lightning rod for controversy. “The industry, the media, and even the FAA told us all that an LSA could produce no more than 100 horsepower and fly at a maximum speed of 120 miles per hour”, says Jim Richmond, CubCrafters Founder & CEO. “I didn’t see those limitations when I read the rule, and I knew that we could use a much more powerful engine and qualify for LSA”. Carbon Cub LSAs were thus equipped with the newly developed CC340 powerplant, producing 180 horsepower.

That sort of independent thinking has inspired CubCrafters’ continued advancement of the Carbon Cub product line, now in its 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] generation. But the prevalent theme has remained “less weight, more power” since inception. “The rapid development cycle at CubCrafters is ambitious compared to many GA manufacturers”, comments Pat Horgan, President & COO of CubCrafters. “The Carbon Cub now has more thrust, carries heavier loads, and gets there more quickly. The newest Experimental Carbon Cubs, equipped with constant speed props and more powerful engines, produce higher thrust-to-weight ratios than any airplane in their class. The aircraft is now offered in six different versions that allow more pilots than ever to build or fly the dream Carbon Cub that perfectly fits their adventure”.

Celebrating a full decade of Carbon Cub adventures, Cubfest 2019 will be hosted by CubCrafters from October 11th through 13th, 2019 at McAllister Field Airport (KYKM) in Yakima, Washington. All are welcome and full program details will be announced prior to the event. Pilots, tailwheel enthusiasts, and anyone who loves aviation is encouraged to mark their calendar.

Readers can view a short video about how the Carbon Cub story began HERE.

ABOUT THE CARBON CUB

The Carbon Cub is a two-seat (tandem) single-engine, piston, high-wing aircraft intended for on and off-airport operations. The Carbon Cub is both lightweight and powerful so, like all CubCrafters aircraft, the Carbon Cub delivers superb short takeoff and landing (STOL) performance. The airframe is available in Light Sport and Experimental variants. The Experimental Carbon Cubs also feature larger payloads, higher speed and greater range.
For more information about the Carbon Cub, visit cubcrafters.com/carboncub. For information about purchasing the Carbon Cub, visit cubcrafters.com/contact

ABOUT CUBCRAFTERS

CubCrafters was founded in 1980 by current owner and CEO, Jim Richmond. CubCrafters’ roots are in the 70-year history of classic taildragger aviation, but the company’s products and services are innovative and completely modern.
CubCrafters designs and manufactures Experimental, LSA, and Part 23 Certified aircraft. The Carbon Cub family has redefined expectations of “backcountry aircraft” with its light weight, powerful engines, and breathtaking performance. The company’s newest introductions, the Carbon Cub EX-3, an E-AB kit, and FX-3, an addition to CubCrafters’ clever Factory eXperimental builder assist program, further advance Carbon Cub performance. The flagship XCub substantially expands the mission profile of sport utility aircraft with its higher speed, longer range and larger payload.

CubCrafters

1918 South 16th Avenue
Yakima, WA 98903
www.cubcrafters.com

155PC was the free drug administered in 2012. Most expensive 0.6 ever. I giggled the entire time. Unbelievable performance. 3.5 years later I finished building my own.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org 2018-02-26 17.22.07.jpg

Attachments

• 2018-02-26 17.22.07.jpg
    2018-02-26 17.22.07.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
N155PC infected me too. I bought my kit, #11, in 2010 and started flying it in 2011. I’ve got more hours flying it now than it took to build and I enjoyed everyone of the build and flying hours. But flying is more fun. ��

Fantastic performance and a perfect airplane for me.

C6787624-4594-4C1D-9C63-B8A2FC92B52F.jpeg

Skis are the most fun. I wish we’d get some snow down low this winter. Nothing yet.

Attachments

• C6787624-4594-4C1D-9C63-B8A2FC92B52F.jpeg
    C6787624-4594-4C1D-9C63-B8A2FC92B52F.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 191
I sure miss flying 55PC (and a brand new CC every week) for work and fun!

Attachments

• BCP Johnson Creek 2011 137.jpg
    BCP Johnson Creek 2011 137.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 145
  • BCP Johnson Creek 2011 078.jpg
    BCP Johnson Creek 2011 078.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 140
  • BCP_JC_2011 (17).jpg
    BCP_JC_2011 (17).jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 157
Back