Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Landes 2500 rigging for 3 inch gear

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll bet someone will be looking for installation prints and specs soon. Declaring an emergency after an in-flight problem and rolling heavy iron at an airport in response tends to bring out the inspectors. I was there just after and talked with security so it happened.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    Interesting I put some 3200’s on a 180 and even level it was a bear to get the forward spring attached. If I remember right there was a spring or bungee on the rear cable. They were previously installed on that airplane so no changes in the rigging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fluidynes are very different skis. And really easy to install once you learn how.
    Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

www.SkupTech.com mike mcs repair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    No springs or anything? The cables aren’t tight too. Is that how those are installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    we also Install a front spring, the riggers rip out of ski, don't trust them...

Post Thanks / Like
    as to where to set them technically you cannot get them correct... you set the riggers so the tail is just clear of the ground in wheel position on a cub...(tail actually would drag in correct position...) been years since I set up a set

Post Thanks / Like
    I have CAD drawings of mounting brackets for large tires & 2500's I used to make(someone else design that I drew up).... unfortunately it's saved in .TCW file from turboCAD(I don't think I have that program anymore)... anyone have a way of opening them and converting to something like .DXF so i can open them in macdraft pro??? I can post them here if anyone is interested

Post Thanks / Like
    Only the AWB 2500A skis are approved on 8.50 tires. That said, there seem to be some 2500sout there with 8.50s. Those tires permit you to rig the skis more nose up without the heels dragging. Much better angle.

MTV
    Likes mike mcs repair liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mvivion View Post
    Only the AWB 2500A skis are approved on 8.50 tires. That said, there seem to be some 2500sout there with 8.50s. Those tires permit you to rig the skis more nose up without the heels dragging. Much better angle.

MTV
    the brackets I made(from someone else's design) allowed 26" tires easily (some used 29" allowing wheel to stick under ski a touch, in ski position)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike mcs repair View Post
    the brackets I made(from someone else's design) allowed 26" tires easily (some used 29" allowing wheel to stick under ski a touch, in ski position)
    Yes, FWS Cubs ran those skis with 25 inch Air Wheels with long arms. Not sure if any of those were approved. My 2500s ran 8.50s easily.

MTV

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mvivion View Post
    Yes, FWS Cubs ran those skis with 25 inch Air Wheels with long arms. Not sure if any of those were approved. My 2500s ran 8.50s easily.MTV
    this is with the normal arms on a 2500B, field approved