• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Areomatic Propellers question

Kahles56

FRIEND
Pinehurst, NC.
I need the fixed pitch cylinder that fits inside the hub to set the phase angle on the exterior hubs and props.

Does any one have this little cylinder that they would part with.

If not part with , then could you take measurements so I can have one machined.

I have a F200 flat flange hub assembly that I am working on and need this item.

Trial and error on the phase angle would ruin the hub of the prop as the props have to be drilled once phase is set.

My understanding is that there is very little area in which to drill.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

Is Kent Tarver still kicking? He’d be the guy to talk to... kent1@cccomm.net
If you mention my name...he may not be of any help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Kent is still around, but only doing Experimental props last I heard. He got tired of the BS the FAA was putting him through. I think his son or grandson is slowly taking over the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...tried to get a certified prop from him....bought a borer prop...then installed it on a different airplane...now got’a get another prop...if his son or grandson is taking over and are helpful...let us know...

That is the problem, the picture I have ...there is not enough detail , plus I think there is a specific height that it has to be.
You insert it in place of the standard piston to adjust the propeller hubs and the then adjust the propeller inside the hub , then drill a cross pin through the hub to lock the hub to the propeller, remove the fixed pitch piston and replace with the variable pitch piston, cinch up the counter weights , balance prop with balance rings, bolt to engine hub , add oil run and adjust rpm's with shims to correct rpm level.
Bam , done.
Just wish it was as simple as writing up.

I am driving in the blind until I can get a fixed pitch piston for this thing.

How do you pronounce that? All my life, I have wondered about Areopagitica (Milton, freedom of speech), and now we have Areomatic.

Kent has been battling the FAA for years...he’s not one of those guys that’ll grin and bear it! Until someone else steps into his shoes will things move forward.

Are they they back in production. I heard they were on hold for awhile. I hope so. I would like to try on my PA-12.

Kent has been battling the FAA for years...he’s not one of those guys that’ll grin and bear it! Until someone else steps into his shoes will things move forward.
Last I knew they were only doing experimental props. Kent does know his props. His son Glenn is doing most of the work. Glenn's cell # one+seven seven five-seven five O- three seven three five.

Back