• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

coyote on wing strut

OH !!!!! How I miss Paul Harvey---perhaps we would get the "rest of the [stories]" :roll:

OH !!!!! How I miss Paul Harvey---perhaps we would get the "rest of the [stories]" :roll:

The benefits of having oldhimers !!!! I get to relive it every time somebody tells me about it or I don't remember it at all.!!

Steve
I lucked out and found it
I will scan and email it to you,
If that doesnt work I will have to get a tutorial on making a pdf

As soon as I locate your email address

Had to look back and see how long this took me.
Only a year and a half to get these 3 made.
I guess if anyone else still wants one they better have their own made.
My seamstress is almost as slow as i am.
73c189050c64f0326719aa7bac635230.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Had a not so dead one jump out of the pickup once.

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share this story. Back in the late 70s early 80s there was a guy around here that paid for his super cub hunting coyotes. He said one day he shot a few and put them in the back seat took off and was flying along and got that feeling he was being watched. He looked over his shoulder and one of the yotes was setting up on the back seat looking out like a dog. He opened the door turn around and scooped him out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share this story. Back in the late 70s early 80s there was a guy around here that paid for his super cub hunting coyotes. He said one day he shot a few and put them in the back seat took off and was flying along and got that feeling he was being watched. He looked over his shoulder and one of the yotes was setting up on the back seat looking out like a dog. He opened the door turn around and scooped him out the door.
There was a story going around my airline, one of the old timers was flying a DC-3 when a passenger's cat jumped on the back of his neck. With one swift motion the cockpit window was slid back with the other hand grabbing the cat. Out the window it went.

1965 I was a student of gunsmithing at Trinidad State Jr. College, Trinidad, CO. One afternoon I was in the store of Al Powel The Gun Trader when a government traper came in and told us that he had the biggest bobcat he had ever seen in the back of his Jeep. There were three of us there including Al who was blind. We all went outside and down the steps with me leading Al to the back of the Jeep. It was a huge cat. Al felt it with his hands and asked when he had killed it? The traper said several hours ago. Al might have been thinking something about that but didn't say anything......The traper zipped up the back of his jeep and we all went back inside. A few min. later the phone rang. It was the trapper's wife looking for him. She told Al that he better get his butt home RIGHT NOW so he said goodby and went out. We heard the Jeep start and there was yelling and screaming and the trapper rushed in yelling, GIVE ME A GUN!!! I had a .45 automatic in the back of my belt and gave it to him. He was covered with blood on his head and face. He ran out and we heard shooting. Al asked, what the s... was going on? Steve Siebold who was at the door with me told Al, (I forget the trappers name) "his name" IS KILLING HIS JEEP!!! Indeed he was running around his Jeep shooting my .45 into it until he ran out of ammo. He asked me if I had another clip? I didn't but alas the Jeep seemed quiet anyway....

He had initially shot the cat in the head with a .22 pistol but it seems had only knocked it out.(the cheap ass used .22 shorts) It jumped on his head when he started his jeep and he managed to throw it off, get out and close the door..... He did an excellent job on his Jeep with the .45 one bullet going through the gas tank into the street. Heck, most of them went through it, lucky only the cat was killed in the end....:) At least it didn't catch fire....... Steve and I had ridden my honda S90 to the gunshop so we borrowed Al's car to run the trapper to the hospital while the fire dept washed the gas down the street.......

Al did mention later that he thought it odd that the cat was still soft, that rigor had not set in but had let the fact slide......Oh well

Jack

Last edited:
Potentially the coyotes tied under both wings could disrupt airflow over the horizontal stabilizer. Friend flew with two christmas trees and regretted it. Had to land at near cruise speed.

Ive heard------ the ones tied up by the jury struts don't bother much but the ones hanging down, especially 4, really do !!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Larry Mayer has a picture at Schafer Meadow of his buddy fishing with a wolf walking up behind him.

I’ve had yotes run not 20’ behind me on the stalk, and one big ‘un running flat out toward me when laying down under a tree during an afternoon bow hunting siesta. Guess he thought I was a corpse (getting old enough for that misidentification now...). I remember thinking after I jumped up and they ran off and I looked down at my hand and saw the pistol pointing at them, “Huh.... I guess all that practice DOES make a difference!”

Back