• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Happy Thanksgiving!

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
Hope everyone has a great day. Don't forget to set your scales back 15 pounds before you go to bed...

sj

Thanks, SJ. I hope everyone out there in SC land takes the two minutes and twenty-nine seconds or so to watch the video accompanying SJ's Holiday e mail from SC.org. It is a day where we do need to stop and reflect on the incredible journey we've all been on in aviation and, of course, in life.

It was 20 years ago that I, too, went through a Darkest Hour. While it was non-aviation related (I didn't start walking away from not one but two destroyed airplanes until later), the event did knock me out of flying for awhile.

Two years later, in 2000, a new acquaintance by the name of cgnesin made me go flying. And I was back in the game. Against his advice I bought a J-3 on a total whim (SJ, I was supposed to buy a Cherokee). cgnesin mastered my new Cub in all of 36 minutes or so. SC.org came along shortly thereafter. The rest, as they say, is history.

There aren't enough words to describe the adventures that have followed. At the heart of this adventure has been the one constant that has greatly enriched my life and guaranteed that I will someday go to the Great Nap with a really big grin on my face--that would be the many, many friends I've had the pleasure of getting to know over the last 15+ years of larking about with SC.org people.

I blame SJ, of course. And I bet I'm not alone. SC.org and all that has gone with it has enriched a lot of lives and--fortunately--show no sign of abating. The adventures continue and the enrichment overflows as we all wing our way merrily into the future of flying.

So, where ever you are today please pause and give a moment of thanks. The blessing of having a family of friends is not to be overlooked. I look forward to seeing you all on the grass somewhere, sometime.

JP

Thanksgiving is the only holiday that's makes us all get along, at least for one day. Enjoy your family and friends. Be thankful for the opportunity to hug loved ones and heal old wounds with a sincere handshake. 4F here this morning but not complaining, first sun in weeeeeeeeks

Happy Thanksgiving

Glenn

PS. Well said JP

4F sounds like a forward step towards good ice Glenn. Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone here!

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

We have fog here today, with the peaks showing through at times...

A great day to enjoy catching up with reading, and reminding myself how accurate Bill Rusk is: Truly Blessed!

Through depression, injury, surgery, more injury, physical therapy and good times SC.org family have been willing to bust my chops and make me laugh, I think all of you for that!

Happy Thanks Giving, and we eat at 3:30 today if you are in the neighborhood!

I noticed it was -2 F around 5:00 AM when I figured it would be wise to get up and stuff more wood in the woodstove..... But the day has turned out to be drop dead gorgeous. Happy Thanksgiving buddy.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Be interested in what you show this morning. At midnight I showed -11 below. I don't ever remember a Thanksgiving even being at 20F?

Glenn

Thanksgiving morning at 4am -1, this morning at 4am -1 record for the Champlain Valley.

Thanksgiving morning at 4am -1, this morning at 4am -1 record for the Champlain Valley.
I back that up with a -7F here at a bit higher altitude. Pretty darn cold for this date. Cant wait to see how the turbo spins up when I leave on my 3 hour drive to work soon, poor tires.

webcam.jpg

-21 at 9:32 am

Glenn

Last edited:
Be interested in what you show this morning. At midnight I showed -11 below. I don't ever remember a Thanksgiving even being at 20F?

Glenn

Can’t help with that as I’m in Norwood with Vic and the kids for Thanksgiving. This cold is definitely a record, and I think we should give our Canadian friends special thanks for sending that arctic mass down to us. But they can have it back whenever they wish!

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

I chased wife, pregnant daughter, son in law, adopted daughter, and grandson around the beach on the Big Island. Followed that with a big multi-family dinner with dear friends, one who's in a battle for life against cancer. Hug your loved ones tight. There's no guarantee for tomorrow.

Life is good, and cancer sucks.

Back