Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Mark is building “Yankee One” in Saratoga

  1. #1
    AdirondackCub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ballston Spa, NY
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mark is building “Yankee One” in Saratoga

    All are welcome to visit during our build of an EX/FX3 watch for our blog & forum posts here and on our site.


    Mark Builds Yankee One
    Mark Kenesten is CubCrafters’ Sales Manager in the Great Lakes/Northeast Territory In June, 2018 I considered the possibility of building a Carbon Cub EX-3 kit. I’ve been selling these things for a few years, and though I feel like I know the airplane pretty well from a pilot’s perspective, I would like to be better… Read more »

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lchPoi...ature=youtu.be


    Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app
    Last edited by AdirondackCub; 11-21-2018 at 07:26 AM.
    Mark Keneston
    Cub Crafters
    Northeast & Great Lakes Reagion Sales
    Ballston Spa, NY
    Likes SJ, Riverking liked this post

  2. #2
    AdirondackCub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ballston Spa, NY
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve! For and interested in flying in, our airport ID is 5B2


    Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org
    Mark Keneston
    Cub Crafters
    Northeast & Great Lakes Reagion Sales
    Ballston Spa, NY

  3. #3
    JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Big Woods of Maine
    Posts
    3,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Lots of interest in these builds as of late....

    JP
    JP Russell--The Cub Therapist
    1947 PA-11 Cub Special
    www.bloomerrussellbeaupain.com

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark, what is current waiting time for the kit?

  5. #5
    cruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    South Glens Falls, NY
    Posts
    1,440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is a Cam in the budget?

  6. #6
    AdirondackCub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ballston Spa, NY
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cooley wait times on kits are 2 mos. +\- for now


    Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org
    Mark Keneston
    Cub Crafters
    Northeast & Great Lakes Reagion Sales
    Ballston Spa, NY

  7. #7
    cubdriver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    9,791
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Glenn's stopped in today



    Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"
    Likes 40m liked this post

  8. #8
    Scouter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Exeter Maine
    Posts
    1,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was nice of mark to get judys R44 inside

    jim
    Likes 40m liked this post

  9. #9
    40m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Shoreham, VT
    Posts
    391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
    Was nice of mark to get judys R44 inside

    jim
    Jim,
    Everything was going great, cold wet rain/snowy day, take Judy for a ride a nice distraction from the farm, warm cup of coffee, time alone no phone, perfect right? Get to Mark's hanger NY Glenn shows up and we continue on the tour, Mark is his gracious self he uncovers the Cub Crafters EX-3 crate and explains parts and pieces. Mark removes the panel holds it up in front of her the light is just right showing all it charms, Judy turns to me and asks if that's the one I ordered (until then all is going so well) I sheepishly say yes she nods a sign of approval, perfect, then Mark "old buddy old pal" whispers to her thirty thousand dollars! Why? Everything was going so well. We have a nice lunch then say good bye and head home. On the way home we talk about going to Maine next week and working on the airplane, her birthday and Christmas with the girls then out of the blue she says I WANT a white Jeep! Where did that come from, Mark?
    All and all it was a great day with Judy and good friends!
    Keep up the good work Mark it will be fun to follow your progress.

    From Genesis: "And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be
    found in all corners of the earth."

    Then he made the earth round... and He laughed and laughed and laughed!
    Likes FdxLou liked this post

  10. #10
    cubdriver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    9,791
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    Jim,
    Everything was going great, cold wet rain/snowy day, take Judy for a ride a nice distraction from the farm, warm cup of coffee, time alone no phone, perfect right? Get to Mark's hanger NY Glenn shows up and we continue on the tour, Mark is his gracious self he uncovers the Cub Crafters EX-3 crate and explains parts and pieces. Mark removes the panel holds it up in front of her the light is just right showing all it charms, Judy turns to me and asks if that's the one I ordered (until then all is going so well) I sheepishly say yes she nods a sign of approval, perfect, then Mark "old buddy old pal" whispers to her thirty thousand dollars! Why? Everything was going so well. We have a nice lunch then say good bye and head home. On the way home we talk about going to Maine next week and working on the airplane, her birthday and Christmas with the girls then out of the blue she says I WANT a white Jeep! Where did that come from, Mark?
    All and all it was a great day with Judy and good friends!
    Keep up the good work Mark it will be fun to follow your progress.
    Maybe I put the money in the wrong persons pocket?

    Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

  11. #11
    Scouter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Exeter Maine
    Posts
    1,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    Jim,
    Everything was going great, cold wet rain/snowy day, take Judy for a ride a nice distraction from the farm, warm cup of coffee, time alone no phone, perfect right? Get to Mark's hanger NY Glenn shows up and we continue on the tour, Mark is his gracious self he uncovers the Cub Crafters EX-3 crate and explains parts and pieces. Mark removes the panel holds it up in front of her the light is just right showing all it charms, Judy turns to me and asks if that's the one I ordered (until then all is going so well) I sheepishly say yes she nods a sign of approval, perfect, then Mark "old buddy old pal" whispers to her thirty thousand dollars! Why? Everything was going so well. We have a nice lunch then say good bye and head home. On the way home we talk about going to Maine next week and working on the airplane, her birthday and Christmas with the girls then out of the blue she says I WANT a white Jeep! Where did that come from, Mark?
    All and all it was a great day with Judy and good friends!
    Keep up the good work Mark it will be fun to follow your progress.
    You’re on your own with this issue Pal I’ve got my own set of problems dealing with the Mrs. on my project. The only advice I can give you is to tell her that it’s for safety reasons. If that doesn’t work for her tell her it’s for the children. Or your concerned for her comfort
    i made the mistake one time to have her pick up a pair of used hyd skis I had bought down state. I had already paid and she was just the trucker. The owner told her the price that trip cost me plenty. I suppose it goes with this addiction
    Ask her if she likes yellow jeeps. Smiling Jim’s used jeeps can make her dreams come true

    jim
    Likes RaisedByWolves, cubdriver2 liked this post

  12. #12
    RaisedByWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of jeeps they just released the pickup version. Kind of neat to be able to take the top and doors off a pickup and fold the windshield down



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Chicken Hawk liked this post

  13. #13
    cubdriver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    9,791
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    Speaking of jeeps they just released the pickup version. Kind of neat to be able to take the top and doors off a pickup and fold the windshield down



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does it come in white?

    Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

Similar Threads

  1. T-Crates, Saratoga's and 310's.
    By scout88305 in forum Cafe Supercub
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2017, 06:10 PM
  2. The Yankee vs The Cajun
    By Cajun Joe in forum Lighter than Air - Flying Humor
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 06:53 AM
  3. Yankee Air Museum Burns
    By Steve Pierce in forum Cafe Supercub
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 10:34 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •