• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New airstrip on Bureau of Reclamation Land needs comments.

learntolandshort

A quick email stating that you support "alternative A" reopening the airstrip at Bonny Reservoir would be very helpful. This would be the first formal strip on BOR lands setting a good precedent. here is the email that you can send your response too. Thank you! It would be greatly appreciated.

sha-nka-rmp@usbr.gov

It would literally take only a few seconds and could get another strip open on public lands.

thanks for your consideration!

Patrick Romano

Any details would be appreciated.

There is a Resource managment plan that is in draft phase with 3 alternatives. One of those alternatives includes reopening an airstrip on the north side of the Bonny Reservoir in eastern Colorado. This would be a great recreational airstrip asset for three reasons. One that side of the state is underserved and you don't have to get into the mountains. 2 it would be the first on BOR land. And three it would be the first of its kind when dealing with Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

The airstrip itself is about 3000 ft long and depending on what happens with the rest of the RMP (resource managment plan) there could be an airstrip with lake access as well as OHV trails ect. It would be a big win on several fronts not just for that area.

There is a Resource managment plan that is in draft phase with 3 alternatives. One of those alternatives includes reopening an airstrip on the north side of the Bonny Reservoir in eastern Colorado. This would be a great recreational airstrip asset for three reasons. One that side of the state is underserved and you don't have to get into the mountains. 2 it would be the first on BOR land. And three it would be the first of its kind when dealing with Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

The airstrip itself is about 3000 ft long and depending on what happens with the rest of the RMP (resource managment plan) there could be an airstrip with lake access as well as OHV trails ect. It would be a big win on several fronts not just for that area.
Thanks was looking for the location and benefits to add to include in my comments, that's in easy range for me.

The RAF posted this on Facebook. I shared it and got my email sent. Hopefully a bunch of my FB friends take a moment and send a email.

Back