• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

End of sand bar landings

Snow plowing, dogs going to the bathroom, building new driveway for your house... it will allow TROs to become the normal tool to stop everything around here.

The good side, is with SB 94 you can just Carry a $10 bill to pay your fine and be done with it:lol:

The last frontier is being invaded by the lower 48. :evil: Don't let them get the upper hand, you will regret it.

Is the problem too many relocated Californians?

Funny thing about sayings like that. I've heard many people tell me how they'd like to change rules/laws/local habits tobe 'like back home'. I point out that I moved to Alaska because it is Alaska. If it was so much better 'back home', I would have stayed there.

Web

Hello.
i have been searching for the thrustline mod.
I have mailed the persons on the site several times but got no reply.
Any suggestions?!
/JokerSWE

Is the problem too many relocated Californians?

The problem is to much California money coming up here funding 'non-profits' that are designed to stop all activity. The supporters often are retired, remittence or just wealthy and have all the time in the world to push this stuff. The rest of us have to work.

Funny thing about sayings like that. I've heard many people tell me how they'd like to change rules/laws/local habits tobe 'like back home'. I point out that I moved to Alaska because it is Alaska. If it was so much better 'back home', I would have stayed there.

Web

I escaped the vortex 15 years ago, I feel the same way about where I live now, I just wish there was a way to get them to stop destroying this place as well. I wish they could be extradited back. Their values suck, they left because they hiked the taxes, let all of the murderers out, and then couldn't afford to live there(or were to scared) and now they're doing it here. I swear it's like an out of control prairie fire.... only its idiot's, try putting one of them out.... I'm running out of places to run to.

Last edited:
A lot of folks in SE are going to vote for this because it sounds good. Hope the proponents already have their cabin in the woods, because if they don’t and it passes, it’s gonna cost a whole lot more to get it.

The problem is to much California money coming up here funding 'non-profits' that are designed to stop all activity. The supporters often are retired, remittence or just wealthy and have all the time in the world to push this stuff. The rest of us have to work.

Yes, beware the imported "causes". As a born Californian that spends as much time as I can in Kasilof, AK I can tell you that a lot of the "California money" is routed through here but didn't come from here. I respond to folks here that tell me how screwed up California has become that it was a real nice place until you all came in. We have to protect the resources but the protection banner seems to apply to only the folks that mind their own business and work for a living. While I can ride the horse in a creek a rich developer can buy a permit to put a drag line in it or a damn trespassing pot farmer can drop a pump in and suck it dry.
I don't think all that many of Californians (of a certain age) have lost their grandparents values but the eastern ways have infected this state. Alaska has been part of my life since I was 12 and our part time residence there will never see me trying to change a thing to be like home. It would be expected to get knocked on my ass if I made a mess of any natural place but I also would expect to go where I want on public land with due consideration of the resources just as I see my AK neighbors doing.
A minor little California rant, figure I can bitch as my California is about gone. I won't even start on aviation issues here.
Ken

SMO, right, and more like it? That California died a long time before I left and that was a while ago. The town I grew up in is now basically being run by mob money from south of the border, and main st looks more like Tijuana than I'd like to admit. Stand firm guys fight as hard and long as you can to keep Alaska..... Alaska.

Alaska was programmed to be a park since Statehood. There's Federal agencies that administer their portion and authorities. The State's funding for fish and wildlife management includes a percentage of Federal funding to allow for oversight and interaction. The plan is long term to outlive us and then their goal will be achieved. Enjoy today.

Gary

Gary, your absolutely right. With 223 million federally controlled acres one would expect that to be the case. Something went wrong. The federal government was never supposed to minutely control the lands in our states the way it does, they were supposed to be a main source of federal revenue, along with import and excise taxes. The other thing it wasn't authorized to do.... collect an income tax. Those lands were intended to be ours to use and lease until such time they were sold to the state or the public. The fed was never supposed to have the power over our lives in the states we live in that it does. I know things are the way they are and they aren't likely to change, but the least we we can do is understand the way the things were supposed to work, so at least a few of us understand the reasons why our freedoms are disappearing.

take a look what is happening to the lower 48,don't think for a second that its not going to happen here,your vote dose make a difference !!!

jr.

And, in Alaska, you can land an airplane most places in National Parks, Refuges, and Forests, as mandated by ANILCA.

Try that in the lower 48 and see how it works out for you.

MTV

we better be careful, well get get a visit from the censor cops !!!! getting a little right of left !!!!

jr.

being aware of the problem is great, i'd like to know how to fixx the problem, because it's getting harder to vote it out with a lot not caring to understand what freedoms need protection as set by our constitution!!!!

And, in Alaska, you can land an airplane most places in National Parks, Refuges, and Forests, as mandated by ANILCA.

Try that in the lower 48 and see how it works out for you.

MTV

Let me borrow your plane and see:lol:8)

I am glad to hear folks go out and vote!! We all need to do that, and feel good on how we vote.

Keep smiling, we will have a better day for it.:p

The biggest challenge to our freedoms are the folks who mindlessly trade liberty for security. When that happens those of us that know better get neither. I'm still trying to figure out what the fox happened to the health insurance policy I had, where it went, it was a fair and quality product, it worked, and I wasn't getting robbed... someone promised I could keep it...... Whiskey Tango. My question is simple, when and how did these jokers start believing the crooks.. sorry, politicians lies?
I mean seriously everyone knows you can't get out of ANY transaction with ANY government agency without, loosing sanity and IQ points.... DMV, planning dept, courts etc. What makes anyone think those morons are going to safeguard our liberty or our health? Please I could really use a logical answer.... anyone, anyone?

Let me borrow your plane and see:lol:8)

I am glad to hear folks go out and vote!! We all need to do that, and feel good on how we vote.

Keep smiling, we will have a better day for it.:p

Yes, it's good to vote - - I think. I used to vote for who I thought was best for the job. Now I vote for who I think will do the least amount of damage. That makes me sad on election days.

Monday at the Supremes will be a day of interest to many Alaskans. Sturgeon vs. Frost:

http://www.scotusblog.com/2018/10/a...ercraft-navigate-the-shoals-of-yukon-charley/

And...

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/201...oad-impacts-on-alaska-hunting-fishing-rights/

Read the comments section at the end of this article...it fillets out the Left from the Right in this case.

In summary: "Even if the justices sidestep the constitutional issues, Sturgeon II will shed light on how the Roberts court views federal power over public lands and waters, not just in Alaska, but throughout the country."

Gary

Last edited:
This stuff all really makes it hard to have optimism for the future. Alaska was one of the few places that wasn't broken..... in the whole world, right up until the 90's.... figures they'd try to "fix it". God save us.... please?

Wow, a little opinion and real questions made it past the powers that be for almost 2 months,,,, maybe enough of us sat out long enough on this site to be noticed,,,,I have hope in our future.
dave

same problem,only now it's happening to you!!! every aspect of American freedom is under attack,if you don't belive it is ???? America still the greatest,but world eletise's are spending big money to end what a lot of American blood and tears have tried to maintain.

jr.

I escaped the vortex 15 years ago, I feel the same way about where I live now, I just wish there was a way to get them to stop destroying this place as well. I wish they could be extradited back. Their values suck, they left because they hiked the taxes, let all of the murderers out, and then couldn't afford to live there(or were to scared) and now they're doing it here. I swear it's like an out of control prairie fire.... only its idiot's, try putting one of them out.... I'm running out of places to run to.

It is time to stop running we need to stand up and fight. We need to start by voting!

Last edited:
Eviens,
Many of us vote every time I do and I did in Ca, but that ship is on fire and sinking, Bob Dornen had proof of voter fraud by his winning opponent and the powers that be essentially told him to shut up and color. I'll never say the vote is worthless but when both sides use to be opposed to illegal immigration on the basis that it hurt our economy, and now one of those groups wants to give 20+ million citizenship, well anyway that's a whole different kind of fraud my vote will do nothing to combat... at least in Commiefornia.

Last edited:
All of the above is a little bit inevitable.

Pre European settlement the estimated population of the North American continent was 200 thousand. (correct me if I'm wrong) That's self-sustaining ticking along for centuries.

I saw a JFK doc the other day to say 190 million people stood still and gave respect. Now Dr. Google tells me the population of USA is 325 million. Not to mention the rest of the North American continent. It would have to be well over 400 m.

That's twice as many people having opinions then when you blokes first went flying.

Back