• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Catto Certification Update

CattoProps

We are touching base to update you with the status of the certification process.

We have been having weekly meetings with our primary inspector at the ACO in order to finalize the Ground Test Plan, Flight Test Plan and the Noise Test Plan.
-The Ground Test Plan, we’re required to conduct and endurance run of 100hours to both validate our damage limits and repair procedures.
-The Flight Test Plan is more simple and consists of a closed throttle dive to Vne among other standard flight performance conditions.
-The Noise Test Plan must be conducted in accordance with 14 CFR Part 36 to ensure that the propeller does not exceed the decibel limit. This test is commonly done with a Noise DAR; however, we’ve elected to conduct the test in conjunction with the ACO at the same time as our flight test.
All of the tests require calibrated measuring equipment which we are now in the process of acquiring. We have purchased an O-360 and built up a static test stand in order to run the propeller for the ground endurance test.
Since we’re close to the last revision of our test plans, I’ve reached out to our MIDO in order to get approval to manufacture the first conforming articles. The primary inspector is going to be in the area and will be stopping by for an on-site visit October 18.
We do not have an estimated completion date. This is not a process we have gone through before so we are unable to provide an accurate date for you. If you have any questions please let me know.

I do have a running list that I am adding names, I will pull from this list when we have something available. If you’d like to be added to the list please email me, please include your first and last name, phone number, email address, type of aircraft, engine and horsepower. Thank you!

It isn't allowing me to include my email address but it is: nicole (at) cattoprops . com
It can also be found on our website.

Back