• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

My wife threw her cell phone out the window

logjam

Alaska
Post that pic on face book...would have made a better video than a pic!
it was my fault...helpful me opened the window so she wouldn't get glare from the sunset lighting up the window.

It made me wonder how many cell phones have met the same fate?

Last edited:
I know a guy who dropped his iPhone out of the plane, then went back and found it with his iPad and "find my phone".

sj

A friend lost his out the window of his Cessna trying to take a picture. Later he was able to get fairly close on the ground in his truck and used Find iPhone and located it. It still worked too. This is probably the same guy Steve mentions.

I lost my iPhone moving some cows a year ago on a 4-wheeler and found it with Find iPhone too. That feature works well. The iPhone I lost in the river is a different story.

Just lost mine about 2 weeks ago, chasing a stupid cow in grass over my head.....new phone just got here the other day. We looked for a couple days with a metal detector and a flashlight but by then it was dead.
John

The way cell phones have dominated peoples lives it wouldn't be so bad if a few thousand(a day) went out the window.

A friend lost his out the window of his Cessna trying to take a picture. Later he was able to get fairly close on the ground in his truck and used Find iPhone and located it. It still worked too. This is probably the same guy Steve mentions.

I lost my iPhone moving some cows a year ago on a 4-wheeler and found it with Find iPhone too. That feature works well. The iPhone I lost in the river is a different story.

Same guy :lol:

Got a friend that dropped his iPhone out of the Blackhawk while we were shooting pigs. He didn’t know it at the time. Jumped in a Robinson 44 and used Find my phone and flew right to it. It was stuck in a bush in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know a guy who dropped his iPhone out of the plane, then went back and found it with his iPad and "find my phone".

sj

obviously somebody needs to start attaching a homing beacon to their glasses too I hear !!

obviously somebody needs to start attaching a homing beacon to their glasses too I hear !!

I could use one of those, except the beacon would be on the top of my head no matter where I wandered.

I loose mine about 3 times a day. Dang thing is i always find it. It has so many cracks in it i have to move the screen around to click on stuff or read. Im just a cheap a$$ so until its unusable or stays missing, guess ill deal with it. If it werent for sc.org, i wouldnt even look for the darn thing when i loose it. May just be me, but didnt flip phones seam to bounce alot better?

Last edited:
Got a friend that dropped his iPhone out of the Blackhawk while we were shooting pigs. He didn’t know it at the time. Jumped in a Robinson 44 and used Find my phone and flew right to it. It was stuck in a bush in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yeah.... well i had a friend who was in his buddy’s stearman. Did a poorly excuted roll. Flip phone slipped outta pocket into the desert below. Some coyote picked it up. But he don’t have thumbs, so couldn’t use it. ;)

A friend of mine was flying my cub and dropped his IPhone out the open window. He circled the farm field and marked the position on the GPS Nav unit, drove back to the field in his car and walked to it with find my IPhone. He was videoing when it went out. It had the air (spinning) footage on it and the sounds of the cub doing moose turns overhead. It landed face down or there would have been aircraft footage.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I lost my i phone last year while feeding cattle out in the back pasture. I took my i pad with the find a phone app and still couldn’t find it. So I stayed where the app said it was and texted my wife to call me. Sure enough I could hear it ringing several feet away covered by grass and hay. Luckily it was face down and has a juice pack protector on it. Had part of a cow hoof print stamped on the back but otherwise undamaged.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Was circling over a truck in the brush, taking a picture with an Ipad mini, and lost it out the window of the Cruiser. Knew where it was within a hundred yard radius and could have went out there to find it. Hated that thing, good ridance.

Had a new one with all my data from the cloud in a few hours. This time with cellular and a built in GPS.

May still be there.

George M.
Pa12 and Cessna180, plus RV8 and V-tail Bonanza. All at the same time.

Back