Thread: Used Univar front and rear heavy duty struts for sale

Post Thanks / Like

Used Univar front and rear heavy duty struts for sale

I have a nice set of used Univar struts(4) I want to sell. U89497-102 (F) and U89498-102 (R). These are the heavy duty lifetime struts. They were new in 2005 and I have put about 1300 hours on them but the plane has always been hangared. I am going with their lighter struts as I am trying to shed about 75 lbs off of my super cub. $1,600.00. You can call me at 406 544 4641 if you like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello!
    are these the gas filled struts? If so, I’m interested in buying them for shipment to Sweden (+Toll, VAT, DHL-fee).
    do you have the STC for the struts?
    finally, what is your best price for the struts you have flown 1400 hours?!

best regards, Joakim (Sweden)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerswe2008 View Post
    Hello!
    are these the gas filled struts? If so, I’m interested in buying them for shipment to Sweden (+Toll, VAT, DHL-fee).
    do you have the STC for the struts?
    finally, what is your best price for the struts you have flown 1400 hours?!

best regards, Joakim (Sweden)
    These are Univar's life time struts. I don't know if they are gas filled. You might call Univar with the part numbers I had in the ad. If there is an STC for them I would have it as they are legal on my airplane but if there is an STC I don't know if it can be moved to your plane or not. Because I just started to sell these struts, my asking price is what I want. I think new they are close to $600 or so average each. I am only asking $400 and the plane has been in the hanger all this time. Thanks for inquiring.
    Thanks akwing thanked for this post
    Likes mike mcs repair liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    These are Univar's life time struts. I don't know if they are gas filled. You might call Univar with the part numbers I had in the ad. If there is an STC for them I would have it as they are legal on my airplane but if there is an STC I don't know if it can be moved to your plane or not. Because I just started to sell these struts, my asking price is what I want. I think new they are close to $600 or so average each. I am only asking $400 and the plane has been in the hanger all this time. Thanks for inquiring.
    I just checked with Univar and they are NOT gas filled but are oiled on the inside and then sealed. There is no STC as they are a PMA part which means they are a direct replacement part. They are $2631 ro all four new! Hope this helps you or anyone else.
    Thanks Coulee Clipper thanked for this post

Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate with those sectional things?
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the difference between heavy duty and regular struts? Would these fit on a J-3 Cub

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    What's the difference between heavy duty and regular struts? Would these fit on a J-3 Cub
    They are built "stronger" I think and will carry more of a snow load kind of thing. Also 11 lbs heavier, in weight, than the regular ones. That's why I am selling them. You need to talk to Univar I would say.

Post Thanks / Like
    I might take a shade less? Would like to get them gone. In the way and I can always use the money for other stuff I am doing to the cub!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    I might take a shade less? Would like to get them gone. In the way and I can always use the money for other stuff I am doing to the cub!
    I’ll call tomorrow, Joakim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    Might find interference at the fuselage where the wider struts will come together. I have done it on exp. by using 3/8 fork at rear strut. The holes in the fuselage fitting are closer together so the wider struts come together too closely there. I actually found one with a bushing in the front strut and just removed it to allow for 3/8 bolt in main strut. If the outside dimensions are the same as standard S. cub (and they should be because the jury strut bands have to fit), it will go but there will be little daylight between the struts at the fuselage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have lowered these struts to $1,300.00 One half of what they are new and they are like new!

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy them, se PM

Post Thanks / Like
    I have decided that to buy my struts you have to pick them up in person and inspect them and if you want them, buy them then and there. As is where is. Shipping is not an option with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sold!