• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Who is a good shop for a Prop governor?

I would send you a link to that thread but don't know how on my phone and not near a computer.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

UPDATE:

The change of O-Rings and pressure setting in the old Woodward Governor partially worked, but the RPMs occasionally were stuck at max after take-offs when the oil was hot. Plus the RPM exceeded the 2700rpm that had been set at the shop. it was going to 2890rpm with hot oil. But at least the RPMs would stay set.

So, WINGS WEST, sent me a loaner governor just to rule out other problems. This one was a nice looking McCauley.
I installed the McCauley and it worked just fine. It holds exactly 2700 rpm at max throttle and it holds the rpms settings. Hot oil or cold oil... PLUS, the adjustment were nice and crisp and the rpms changed about 25 for every turn of the knob. The old Woodward was very sluggish and delayed in changing the pitch.

Now I have a new Governor on order from Wings West and they are giving me credit from the old work they did on the old Woodward. They are super folks with whom to do business.

BTW, while the P-Ponk 0-520 is not supposed to red-line up in the 2800s.... it was kinda nice on some lakes for take-off. Now that it is at the correct 2700rpm, my heavy C-180 is a little slower out of the water. She needs to shed some pounds.

Attachments

• GOV pic 1 (660x481).jpg
    GOV pic 1 (660x481).jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
What is your new governor - is it a C290D3/T1 ? I am currently running a Woodward A210452 and am considering replacing it. Who has the best prices on the McCauleys?

I think it is a C290D3K/T1.
I thought about going with a new PCU-5000, but this worked great and the linkage lined up just right. The P-5000s are a lot shorter.

I have an opportunity to purchase a McCauley (I am guessing it is a C290D3/T1 - I haven't seen it yet) to replace my Woodward A210452. Just wondering if I am throwing money away.

46 Cub
I pulled my Woodward out of the box to measure it and oil ran out onto the carpet of my office. I am in deep doo-doo.

Back