• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Torngat Mountains, Labrador CND

Colorguns

PATRON
Bloomfield NY
Does anyone have information about places to see, strips, gas, accommodations, etc. to do a wheel trip in bush plane to the far NE of Canada?
Torngat Mountains area or there about.

I heard some of the Ohio Bush guys have been seen that way.

Thanks

Doug

It's been many years since I visited northern Labrador. The fueling locations were far apart. Make sure that you have the capability to carry lots of gas. In that region you need to consider that you will need enough for the round trip from the remote fueling locations. My flying buddies found good Caribou hunting and the fishing was terrific. Have fun. I did the trip on straight floats.

Doug,

I have most of that info but your best bet is Alain Legace at Rapid Lake Lodge. As week discussed, you can do it on wheels. You should find another plane to go along. Caribou hunting is closed and will be for a long time. Fishing is great. I can show you stops along the way.

Jim

Caribou hunting is closed from what I heard. But let me know if you plan to go there, if my MasterCard let me do it...

Let me know where and when you are going and I'll try to get you some information. A friend of mine goes there every year and has it figured out pretty well. He use to pre-buy fuel and have it delivered to places ahead of time, but now he has places he buys it.

Let me know where and when you are going and I'll try to get you some information. A friend of mine goes there every year and has it figured out pretty well. He use to pre-buy fuel and have it delivered to places ahead of time, but now he has places he buys it.

I would be greatly appreciative to get info or contact to learn the ropes about going up there.
The trip looks like next year August time I think.

Thanks
Doug

Heading back to the Torngat Mountain National Park and sights in that area again this year. July August 2020
Looking to get to see the Fjords of Fraser, Hebron, Saglek as well as areas along the Ungava Bay, George River and other cool places.
Leaving to go north and our base camp will be Wedge Hills Lodge on the George river. The Golden Peninsula as they are calling it.
This is about 250 mile NE of Schefferville and beautiful country. Fun trip last year to learn a bunch about the area, fuel, weather, and the possibilities of what we might be able to see if the weather holds up for us.
More info at www.wedgehillslodge.com

Doug

Back