Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's headed to Airventure next week?

Post Thanks / Like

Who's headed to Airventure next week?

Wondering who else is headed over to Airventure next week? I'll be there all week; teaching the covering seminars for Stewart Systems near the ultralight barn from 11-2 each day. I'll also be doing a painting forum on Monday at 4pm in the ultralight forum tent. I'll be camping in Camp Scholler ...... somewhere. I'm thinking near Stits and Cottonwood area but who knows; I will be easy to spot. So, who else is on their way? Hope to see many of you next week.
    Thanks,
    Marty
    N367PS
    Psalm 36:7 "High and low among men find refuge in the shadow of His wing"
    www.marty2plus2.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll be there, in Vintage Camping, weather permitting.

MTV
    Likes Anne liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally am there but a week ago the owner of the Mooney I ride in announced he is continuing on to Reno from OSH, too late for me to find fair commercial flight back east. I also prefer the full week on the ground there.
    If anyone has room for one plus camping gear traveling to the Northeast I might be interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll be in vintage camping somewhere near theater in the woods....within a few rows anyways
    Likes tbone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Iíll be in the stol area Monday on by the ultra light field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spokane Felts Field, WA/Poplar Grove, (Chicago) IL
    Post Thanks / Like
    I plan to be at NH Sunday and Monday AM. Then I will be at Oshkosh Friday and Saturday. I'm doing the "Build Your Own Supercub" seminar/forum on Saturday, at 10:00 to 11:15 in the homebuilders hangar.

I look forward to visiting with you guys at NH and Oshkosh

Its all about the people

Bill
    Very Blessed.
    Likes FdxLou, tcraft128, flylowslow, Anne liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Was about to post the same question Marty. My Dad, Lee, Kyler Winn and I will be camped by Theater in the Woods all week. Hope to get there on Saturday in one red and one yellow Clipper.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Likes tcraft128, Anne liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan, I'm going up on wheels Sunday morning and parking in the same spot....look forward to catching up.

Denny
    If you get lost while flying, don't try hail a cop. Pick up the first railroad you find and hug it until you get somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be in the STOL area upwind of Tom...
    Turning money into noise since 1996

Our Build here

Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tcraft128 View Post
    I will be in the STOL area upwind of Tom...
    We all used to stay upwind of Tom, but JP makes him bath regularly now. : -)

Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"
    Thanks windy thanked for this post
    Likes mike mcs repair liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll be there about Tuesday either at the sea base or at amphib parking. Camping by the plane.

Jim

Tcraft on Baumann amphibs

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there, camping in Camp Scholler somewhere, arriving Saturday & staying all week. I've camped with the RAF the past couple years, but haven't heard if they have a reserved spot again. If they do, that's where I'll be.
    Baloney is still baloney, no matter how thin you slice it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm towing the 5th-wheel to Camp Scholler, arriving either late Friday or early Saturday before the show, and departing Friday morning.
    Jim Parker
    '65 Champion 7ECA - Flying
    ?? Bearhawk Patrol - Building

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I will be there for the week - staying at the Uni after flying over from Australia (sitting up in Calgary this week) Very much looking forward to attending your workshops Marty and Bill as my wife and I are new to the cub scene and are trying to make decisions on an Experimental Supercub kit to buy. Cheers!
    Thanks STaylor2 thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Rusk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any SC.org get-togethers planned for next week? Lunch? Dinner?
    Baloney is still baloney, no matter how thin you slice it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Iíll be there all week in the American Legend Aircraft booth.

Daryl

Post Thanks / Like
    Five brand new Ranger Aircraft came through here this AM, doubtless headed for OSH.

MTV

Post Thanks / Like
    Eddie never posts but he plans to fly past the storms on Thursday to get to NH where he will stay until Sunday evening. He'll fly over to OSH and be with the STOL guys at the ultra lite strip through the week. He'd better get home on Saturday! I have a momma guinea hatching babies on Friday so I will need help herding baby guineas! Everyone have a great time (Eddie loves to visit with all the "old" folks and also loves to meet new folks) and fly safely.
    Charlotte Doyle, Eddie's wife who stays home now to keep all of his projects (and mine) rolling!
    Thanks Anne thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If plans hold out, I'll be there for most of the week in home-built camping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Son and I are going to line out on Saturday. Hopefully get another good camp spot in Vintage Aircraft.

Photo is from last year. 1st time flying to OSH.

view from the tent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5702FCD6-69E0-4EF4-B9EF-3AE82810347E.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	231.3 KB 
ID:	38186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8E5C1297-CD42-419C-86F5-0067677B3FE0.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	38187  
    "...We're fast enough to get there, But slow enough to see..."
    Fron the song "Barometer Soup". By Jimmy Buffett
    Likes Steve Pierce, FdxLou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be setting up camp early Sunday at Relleumdats Campground west of the Ultralight Barn early Sunday, then off to New Holstein for the day. Leaving Oshkosh Thursday afternoon. Look forward to meeting you Marty.
    Practicing open cockpit extremism

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll be parked around the STOL deal probably sat-wed. Yellow and black super cub. Beer in cooler. Help yourself. Headed to N.H. Sun AM and will probably have an extra seat if anybody wants a ride over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
    Iíll be parked around the STOL deal probably sat-wed. Yellow and black super cub. Beer in cooler. Help yourself. Headed to N.H. Sun AM and will probably have an extra seat if anybody wants a ride over.
    Oh good. I like beer.

Saw this on FB

Thanks KevinJ thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My sign will more than likely read, “Dumb AND Slow”.

Post Thanks / Like
    The bride and me are camping in Scholler, site p365 just south of cottonwood on 22nd. Maybe working departure briefing mornings through the week. Stop by n say Hi!

Wayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Will be at NHolstein Sunday and then off to OSH Monday-Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flybynite View Post
    The bride and me are camping in Scholler, site p365 just south of cottonwood on 22nd. Maybe working departure briefing mornings through the week. Stop by n say Hi!

Wayne
    We are on Doolittle ( 32nd)with the Canadians by the wifi shack

Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Kris and I just arrived Osh this afternoon.. Sunday we will meet with STOL pilots at Ultralight with the event packages.
    Hope everyone can come by and watch the fun, it is a well rounded group of pilots and aircraft.

Each night before the demo there will be an informal STOL discussion starting at 5:30PM (thats Mon-Tue-Thur and Friday). Please come by and talk one-on-one with all the pilots!

See you there frank 'n kris

Post Thanks / Like
    We are on Doolittle ( 32nd)with the Canadians by the wifi shack

Glenn[/QUOTE]
    My chance to meet the famous Glenn has finally arrived!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dad and I are in spots 2 and 3 from the East end of Row E 68 right next to the runway. Close to the Hanger Cafe. Should be there this afternoon if the weather cooperates.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180720_081758.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	38197
    Steve Pierce

Will Rogers
    Likes nightflyer, mike mcs repair, Ruffair liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    My Dad and I are in spots 2 and 3 from the East end of Row E 68 right next to the runway. Close to the Hanger Cafe. Should be there this afternoon if the weather cooperates.

Name:	IMG_20180720_081758.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	38197
    Make that may be a big if. I overnighted Waseca, MN, former home of Herterís Worlds Finest.

MTV
    Likes C130jake liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, we decided to wait till tomorrow and not much the 20 kt head wind, get stuck south of Oshkosh and then fight the masses going in on Sunday morning. Been there, done that.
    Steve Pierce

Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike and I got lucky with an AirBnB close by but will be around the field. Iíll be on the docks at the seaplane base from time to time. Looking forward to seeing you folks and kicking Tom Fordís tires.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org
    Ken Cornell
    Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A very stick puppy View Post
    Mike and I got lucky with an AirBnB close by but will be around the field. Iíll be on the docks at the seaplane base from time to time. Looking forward to seeing you folks and kicking Tom Fordís tires.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org
    The rest of us just pee on them

Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Who's headed to Airventure next week?

Last edited by RaisedByWolves; 07-21-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Arrived about noon. The most screwed up arrival I’ve ever seen. Controller at Fisk told everyone inbound to circle Green Lake. Then forgot about us. Soon the Fisk freq is silent. Still didnt get it.

Meanwhile I’m dodging RVs cutting corners over Green Lake. Blasting along at the speed of heat.

New voice comes on Fisk. And calls us in. Ten minutes of silence later, the first Green Lake holder arrives.

First time I’ve heard controllers not telling us to rock wings. Two Cessna taildraggers arrive together. No wing rock, just “turn right 90 degrees NOW!” So we did, both us. Right into a serious rain shower. I figure he actually meant “about 40 degrees, which took me to the runway.

Marshallers took me waaaaay south. Kept wanting to see my sign. Five times I showed the VAC sign. I got parked in row 149 (yes, a northern suburb of Fond du Lac). Got out of the plane and a volunteer asked why I was in contemporary parking....”You’re supposed to have a sign ya know...”. So I showed him my sign. The head guy said this is where I stay.

interesting arrival. But, hey, I’m at Oshkosh!

MTVI

Post Thanks / Like
    Smooth arrival in the Beaver this morning a little after 09:00. Overnighted in Phillips, WI last night after getting forced down by the weather. Tied down the airplane and ran over to meet Tom Ford and see his immaculate Cub. Sitting in Appleton airport now to go back to work next week.

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	38200

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mvivion View Post
    Arrived about noon. The most screwed up arrival Iíve ever seen. Controller at Fisk told everyone inbound to circle Green Lake. Then forgot about us. Soon the Fisk freq is silent. Still didnt get it.

Meanwhile Iím dodging RVs cutting corners over Green Lake. Blasting along at the speed of heat.

New voice comes on Fisk. And calls us in. Ten minutes of silence later, the first Green Lake holder arrives.

First time Iíve heard controllers not telling us to rock wings. Two Cessna taildraggers arrive together. No wing rock, just ďturn right 90 degrees NOW!Ē So we did, both us. Right into a serious rain shower. I figure he actually meant ďabout 40 degrees, which took me to the runway.

Marshallers took me waaaaay south. Kept wanting to see my sign. Five times I showed the VAC sign. I got parked in row 149 (yes, a northern suburb of Fond du Lac). Got out of the plane and a volunteer asked why I was in contemporary parking....ĒYouíre supposed to have a sign ya know...Ē. So I showed him my sign. The head guy said this is where I stay.

interesting arrival. But, hey, Iím at Oshkosh!

MTVI

Saw ya land. Nice looking airplane. Donít know why they parked everyone so far back. Iím in 113 I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    Smooth arrival in the Beaver this morning a little after 09:00. Overnighted in Phillips, WI last night after getting forced down by the weather. Tied down the airplane and ran over to meet Tom Ford and see his immaculate Cub. Sitting in Appleton airport now to go back to work next week.

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	38200
    Beautiful landing. Nice and slow for a big airplane.

Thanks Henny thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mvivion View Post
    Arrived about noon. The most screwed up arrival I’ve ever seen. Controller at Fisk told everyone inbound to circle Green Lake. Then forgot about us. Soon the Fisk freq is silent. Still didnt get it.

Meanwhile I’m dodging RVs cutting corners over Green Lake. Blasting along at the speed of heat.

First time I’ve heard controllers not telling us to rock wings. Two Cessna taildraggers arrive together. No wing rock, just “turn right 90 degrees NOW!” So we did, both us. Right into a serious rain shower. I figure he actually meant “about 40 degrees, which took me to the runway.

Marshallers took me waaaaay south. Kept wanting to see my sign. Five times I showed the VAC sign. I got parked in row 149 (yes, a northern suburb of Fond du Lac). Got out of the plane and a volunteer asked why I was in contemporary parking....”You’re supposed to have a sign ya know...”. So I showed him my sign. The head guy said this is where I stay.

interesting arrival. But, hey, I’m at Oshkosh!

MTVI
    Been sent to circle the lake twice and both times when they released us instead of circling the shore line everyone cut straight across and converged on the same spot at the same time. Total cluster. Glad you are on the ground. Hope to be the same tomorrow.
    Steve Pierce

Will Rogers
    Likes mike mcs repair liked this post