• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Who's headed to Airventure next week?

Marty57

PATRON
Nipomo, Ca
Wondering who else is headed over to Airventure next week? I'll be there all week; teaching the covering seminars for Stewart Systems near the ultralight barn from 11-2 each day. I'll also be doing a painting forum on Monday at 4pm in the ultralight forum tent. I'll be camping in Camp Scholler ...... somewhere. I'm thinking near Stits and Cottonwood area but who knows; I will be easy to spot. So, who else is on their way? Hope to see many of you next week.
Thanks,
Marty

I normally am there but a week ago the owner of the Mooney I ride in announced he is continuing on to Reno from OSH, too late for me to find fair commercial flight back east. I also prefer the full week on the ground there.
If anyone has room for one plus camping gear traveling to the Northeast I might be interested.

I’ll be in vintage camping somewhere near theater in the woods....within a few rows anyways

I plan to be at NH Sunday and Monday AM. Then I will be at Oshkosh Friday and Saturday. I'm doing the "Build Your Own Supercub" seminar/forum on Saturday, at 10:00 to 11:15 in the homebuilders hangar.

I look forward to visiting with you guys at NH and Oshkosh

Its all about the people

Bill

Was about to post the same question Marty. My Dad, Lee, Kyler Winn and I will be camped by Theater in the Woods all week. Hope to get there on Saturday in one red and one yellow Clipper.

Dan, I'm going up on wheels Sunday morning and parking in the same spot....look forward to catching up.

Denny

I’ll be there about Tuesday either at the sea base or at amphib parking. Camping by the plane.

Jim

Tcraft on Baumann amphibs

I'll be there, camping in Camp Scholler somewhere, arriving Saturday & staying all week. I've camped with the RAF the past couple years, but haven't heard if they have a reserved spot again. If they do, that's where I'll be.

I'm towing the 5th-wheel to Camp Scholler, arriving either late Friday or early Saturday before the show, and departing Friday morning.

My wife and I will be there for the week - staying at the Uni after flying over from Australia (sitting up in Calgary this week) Very much looking forward to attending your workshops Marty and Bill as my wife and I are new to the cub scene and are trying to make decisions on an Experimental Supercub kit to buy. Cheers!

Are there any SC.org get-togethers planned for next week? Lunch? Dinner?

Eddie never posts but he plans to fly past the storms on Thursday to get to NH where he will stay until Sunday evening. He'll fly over to OSH and be with the STOL guys at the ultra lite strip through the week. He'd better get home on Saturday! I have a momma guinea hatching babies on Friday so I will need help herding baby guineas! Everyone have a great time (Eddie loves to visit with all the "old" folks and also loves to meet new folks) and fly safely.
Charlotte Doyle, Eddie's wife who stays home now to keep all of his projects (and mine) rolling!

Son and I are going to line out on Saturday. Hopefully get another good camp spot in Vintage Aircraft.

Photo is from last year. 1st time flying to OSH.

view from the tent. :)

Attachments

• 5702FCD6-69E0-4EF4-B9EF-3AE82810347E.jpeg
    5702FCD6-69E0-4EF4-B9EF-3AE82810347E.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 198
  • 8E5C1297-CD42-419C-86F5-0067677B3FE0.jpeg
    8E5C1297-CD42-419C-86F5-0067677B3FE0.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 187
I'll be setting up camp early Sunday at Relleumdats Campground west of the Ultralight Barn early Sunday, then off to New Holstein for the day. Leaving Oshkosh Thursday afternoon. Look forward to meeting you Marty.

I’ll be parked around the STOL deal probably sat-wed. Yellow and black super cub. Beer in cooler. Help yourself. Headed to N.H. Sun AM and will probably have an extra seat if anybody wants a ride over.

I’ll be parked around the STOL deal probably sat-wed. Yellow and black super cub. Beer in cooler. Help yourself. Headed to N.H. Sun AM and will probably have an extra seat if anybody wants a ride over.

Oh good. I like beer.

Saw this on FB
50e08b541866e39e81c136b7215e1706.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bride and me are camping in Scholler, site p365 just south of cottonwood on 22nd. Maybe working departure briefing mornings through the week. Stop by n say Hi!

Wayne

The bride and me are camping in Scholler, site p365 just south of cottonwood on 22nd. Maybe working departure briefing mornings through the week. Stop by n say Hi!

Wayne

We are on Doolittle ( 32nd)with the Canadians by the wifi shack

Glenn

Kris and I just arrived Osh this afternoon.. Sunday we will meet with STOL pilots at Ultralight with the event packages.
Hope everyone can come by and watch the fun, it is a well rounded group of pilots and aircraft.

Each night before the demo there will be an informal STOL discussion starting at 5:30PM (thats Mon-Tue-Thur and Friday). Please come by and talk one-on-one with all the pilots!

See you there frank 'n kris

We are on Doolittle ( 32nd)with the Canadians by the wifi shack

Glenn[/QUOTE]
My chance to meet the famous Glenn has finally arrived!!!

My Dad and I are in spots 2 and 3 from the East end of Row E 68 right next to the runway. Close to the Hanger Cafe. Should be there this afternoon if the weather cooperates.
IMG_20180720_081758.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180720_081758.jpg
    IMG_20180720_081758.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 199
Back