• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Insurance recommendation

KevinJ

Canyon, tx
Pierce recommended this gentleman to me earlier today for airplane coverage. Dana Boucher 816.353.1047 danaboucher@aviationsolutions.aero. Within 30 min. he called back with multiple quotes, his recommendation and a reasonable premium. All on a fri. when very little gets done in the professional world. Pretty impressed

SJ told me about him several years ago. He got my Dad's business as well, better coverage and rates after he had been with Avemco for 25 plus years.

My principal concern with insurance is service when I need it. Coverage and rates are half of it..

I have dealt with most all of the major underwriters in some of the worst situations and have not had any issues. One went on for 5 years because of the feds.

Pierce recommended this gentleman to me earlier today for airplane coverage. Dana Boucher 816.353.1047 danaboucher@aviationsolutions.aero. Within 30 min. he called back with multiple quotes, his recommendation and a reasonable premium. All on a fri. when very little gets done in the professional world. Pretty impressed

Good guy. I use him and I believe I recommended him to Pierce :p I should get free aircraft insurance with as many folks as I have referred to him!

sj

Bill White Insurance out of California. Don't ask me how I know.

I, too, use Bill White’s agency. They have consistently gotten the best rates for me over the last two seasons for a million $ smooth covering off-airport usage. Plus, I like his writings on the MAF landing techniques!
J

I just got a mailer from BWI about their "new lower Cessna 180/185 insurance rates!", "just announced for July 2018".
Hope it isn't just hype.
Guess I'll find out when I get a quote on renewing my current policy with them in a month or two.

I just got a mailer from BWI about their "new lower Cessna 180/185 insurance rates!", "just announced for July 2018".
Hope it isn't just hype.
Guess I'll find out when I get a quote on renewing my current policy with them in a month or two.
Dont know what that means - they still farm it out and are at the whim of the insurer like any other insurance agency. The insurers handling tailwheel a/c and more specifically off-airport insurers has been a dwindling number. Maybe that’s changed? Ask Haley at BWI. She seems to be a straight shooter.
J

I just sent a check to BWI. They are writing it through Global Aerospace and are covering off airport & ski operations. Had been w/AVEMCO for past 30+ years. They offered better coverage (incl. hull) and were nearly $250 less. Hope I don't have to "use it". Larry C.

I use the EAA insurance program for my Super Cub. They have great coverage in the EAA program and I feel like the rates are good too.

I just sent a check to BWI. They are writing it through Global Aerospace and are covering off airport & ski operations. Had been w/AVEMCO for past 30+ years. They offered better coverage (incl. hull) and were nearly $250 less. Hope I don't have to "use it". Larry C.

Just make sure you read the policy and exclusions. They just got me a quote from Global Aerospace last month and I had them send me a copy of the policy and exclusions. Skis were specifically excluded from the basic policy, as was any type of hunting. When I asked about off airport, BWI agent said, since it’s not specifically excluded it’s covered. She said they expected you to “use good judgement” in where you land. I passed.

…. they still farm it out and are at the whim of the insurer like any other insurance agency. …..

Yes, I agree. You'd think that means that all brokers would quote the same coverage at the same price, but they don't.
When I bought the C180 4 years ago, BWI was cheaper by a noticeable amount.
I don't know, maybe the brokers are putting more or less commission on top of the coverages,
but the fact remains that quotes can be considerably different.

I insured with some years ago, Avemco maybe?
They promised a $100 discount after a year of no claims.
My renewal quote came in the mail & it was the same as the year before.
I called and asked about the $100 discount--
after some hemming & hawing, they said "oh yeah, your coverage went up a hundred bucks, that discount covered the increase".
Yeah right.
I shopped it around and although I didn't find a much better price, I went with someone else.
I hate a damn liar, I'm sure not gonna reward one with my business if I can help it.

Hope it isn't just hype.

Got my renewal quote from BWI.
I specifically mentioned their "new lower C180 insurance rates" mailer when I sent in my current hours etc.
My quote for $70K hull full coverage was $1060-- exactly the same as last year.
I was gonna ask them about that, but figured I'd get the same BS answer as I got from Avemco years ago so didn't bother.
Think I'll shop it around this year.

Just got my first policy through BWI. For being a relatively low-time PA-18 pilot, I was pretty pleased with their rate. More than I want to spend, of course, but $300 cheaper than Avemco and a pleasure to work with.

Quick update on OP info posted - that number for Dana Boucher is a few years old, according to Dana. His current number is 913-529-3213. dana.boucher@MarshMMA.com

Quick update on OP info posted - that number for Dana Boucher is a few years old, according to Dana. His current number is 913-529-3213. dana.boucher@MarshMMA.com

I use Dana also. Good guy and good prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a commercial agent with Falcon and I won't be changing based on other quotes I have received. Also they really help when you have more than one aircraft and they used to throw in the airport authority's hanger liability certificate for no cost when I needed such.

Last edited:
Back