• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wading Trousers or Bibs with usable pockets???

Some things make money, but cause enough damage to not make it worthwhile.

Some things may not be super profitable, but at least you are not devaluing your assets..

Attachments

• Caribou Lake (1280x621).jpg
    Caribou Lake (1280x621).jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 167
Now that you have worked your way to the top with your fly fishing machine, if you would like to continue teaching SES ratings you should pick up an old beater PA-11 for the purpose. :smile: I don't believe that it would be wise to turn a novice loose in that nice bird.

I was looking at a Husky in Sitka before I bought this. But the wife did not like the idea. Not enough seats for family. My old PA-11-90 was hard to beat as a fun plane to fly on floats. 4.5 gallons an hour, light enough to go up on the mud and just push it back in. Turned on a dime, and was quite enough that you could do splash and goes on the lake at midnight and nobody cared. It was a lot more fun than the 172.

The souped-up 180 is fast and carries weight, but it is stiff and heavy feeling because it is a late model. So it is more like flying a dump truck and the PA-11 was like flying a dirt bike.

If you think that the 180 is stiff and heavy feeling, you haven't flown a 206. Wait until you've had it for a while, it won't feel the same.

Oh yes I have flown 206s... This plane is like a stiff 185 and not like one of the old lighter 180s. In fact she feels heavier than a few 1960s vintage 185s I have flown. The W&B verifies it. But I question the numbers, So I am not sure why just yet. Maybe the rigging. She was wrecked and rebuilt. Plus I need to tweak the float rigging a bit more.
My point was that it is not a ballerina of the skies compared to my old PA11 or my old ag model PA18. I wont be making one-float step-turns while skimming the glassy water with a wing-tip like you could in the 11.
But then again my old PA-11, 12 and 18 could not get out to Caribou lake in 15 minutes or Lake Hood in an hour.

Oh yes I have flown 206s... This plane is like a stiff 185 and not like one of the old lighter 180s. In fact she feels heavier than a few 1960s vintage 185s I have flown. The W&B verifies it. But I question the numbers, So I am not sure why just yet. Maybe the rigging. She was wrecked and rebuilt. Plus I need to tweak the float rigging a bit more.
My point was that it is not a ballerina of the skies compared to my old PA11 or my old ag model PA18. I wont be making one-float step-turns while skimming the glassy water with a wing-tip like you could in the 11.
But then again my old PA-11, 12 and 18 could not get out to Caribou lake in 15 minutes or Lake Hood in an hour.

There you go.....decide what your mission is, and buy the airplane that most closely fits that mission.

MTV

There you go.....decide what your mission is, and buy the airplane that most closely fits that mission.

Actually multiple planes would be nice, but that would probably require some sort of go fund me page for the planes and a new place for me to live.

If you teach them right, and are discerning in your endorsements, then maybe you would have to worry less about your assets.
Really does depend on your honest mission.
That said, the 172 was a better plane to offer for solo.
As Bob would say.. opinion.

Late model 180s are a delight to fly. One float step turns aren’t a problem. You just need to get used to it. Go spend a couple of hours with a few sand bags and get aquainted with the trim at different CGs. Or fight it and complain.

Picked up a pair of Frogg Toggs today. They seem very comfortable, light weight and will serve my purpose nicely. Only $35, I had been expecting to pay much more.

I was trying to find an alternative to hauling around wet, heavy wading boots I've been using in conjunction with neoprene stocking foot waders. Bought some Croc's sandals a size and a half bigger than my normal shoe.
decent traction and support, weigh next to nothing. Got my chest wading ensemble down to about 3 1/2 lbs.
Wouldnt go stomping thru a briar patch with them, but , so far so good..

Coincido totalmente con este tema . Saludos , javier

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando SuperCub.Org

Back