Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Good fuel stops in Indiana?

Post Thanks / Like

Good fuel stops in Indiana?

Hey Y'all!

Next week I will be ferrying a J3 Cub from Lexington, KY, back to Oshkosh. it's a 75 hp airplane with just the standard 12 gallon fuel tank. That means I'll be making a few fuel stops. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good fuel stops in southeast Indiana, and also northwest Indiana. My proposed route will take my just east of Indianapolis, and it may end up that I will need fuel in that area.

Any suggestions for good places to stop, or places to avoid, would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Joe

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Post Thanks / Like
    Knox/Starke County is a great place to stop, grass and pavement, good pilot lounge and good fuel prices. The id is OXI. $4.12 as of today
    Likes Amy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    A second for OXI—it’s one of my favorite stops on the trek east to Lock Haven. Pam is the airport manager and she is a delight. Self-serve fuel, good prices as previously noted, 24-hr restroom access and a courtesy car.

I’ve landed at Dekalb (GWB) twice, once because I ran out of light and once because I ran out of bladder capacity. It’s not my favorite. Nice facilities and all, just not all that welcoming on my stops. The first stop was after-hours and there was no restroom access though I think that has changed. There may still be a ramp fee if you don’t purchase fuel though I have never stopped and not needed gas.

La Porte was nice but it’s close enough to OXI that you may as well go there.

IMS (Madison, IN) was alright but I don’t remember many details—stopped for gas before the short hop to the real destination of Lee Bottom. I don’t recall any other really notable stops on the rest of that trip but will ponder some more.

Have a good trip, Joe!

—Amy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proud owner of a collection of airplane pieces (sometimes in one big piece) known as the Oklahoma Kid.

Post Thanks / Like
    RZL is also a great NW Ind place. Courtesy car , resturanants close by and a east west grass strip. Ray is a great guy and Excel Air if you need anything mechanical.
    Mick Capouch
    PA-18 150 N6TD

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the input so far! Keep 'em coming!
    Joe

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat