• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Which Super Cub floats?

G44

SW Michigan
Hi guy's,

A friend is in the process of buying a Super Cub and he has asked me to help with finding floats. He has owned many airplanes on floats but not a Super Cub. He mentioned Aqua's and I really couldn't answer his questions about them since I have no experience with them. I am more knowledgeable on EDO 2000's and Baumann's. Although nice, new Aerocet's or Wip's are out of the question. Soooooo, any feedback on various floats for a 150 Super Cub? Any leads on a good set of reasonably priced floats? Prefer North East or Midwest location.

Thanks for any input.

Kurt

Kurt,

By far the best bang for the buck on SC floats are EDO 2000. Even with the 2000 gross weight kit, plenty of floatation, great performance, and a good set can be had for around $10 K or a bit more. Compared to the price of new floats, no comparison.

Aquas are good floats as well, and they are still in business, at least to get paperwork, if not building floats.

Otherwise, lots of great floats for SC, but for more $$$.

The EDO 2000 is likely the most produced float model of all time, so generally easy to find.

MTV

I second the EDO-2000 for a Super Cub. They are faster out of the water.
I like Baumanns, but they are long out of business and when my buddy took his off his SC for the 2000s I was amazed at how much faster the EDO got out of the water. The Baumanns were faster in the air. At least on his plane.

I have flown the Aqua 1900s and I thought they felt a wee bit under-floated for some reason. I have also flown Aqua 2200s on a 180 horse Super Cub. They did great. But that was the only set I have ever seen.

Kurt
there is a decent set of Edo 2000 here for sale not far away, will get some info. A newer set of PKs too, off a SC

jim

Thanks for all the leads guys, looks like my buddy found some floats.

Kurt

Back