• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

NE Summer Fun

Can't believe you guys haven't started your Northeast Winter fun thread yet .we are solidly in winter here maybe after this weekend you will be to

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Can't believe you guys haven't started your Northeast Winter fun thread yet .we are solidly in winter here maybe after this weekend you will be to

Yes, we are hours away from the first of winter arriving :smile:

I'm still tied to the dock, might get one more swim in. Hopefully its still floating when I get outa work at 1:30

Glenn

But Earle you didn’t help recover a turtled Citabria last week. Days like that makes a man with a floatplane lose sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Thinking I will mow the lawn tomorrow here in Alaska. We had snow mid October. Then we warmed back up. No ice. Lakes melted. Trees budding out... hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Peter,
Your spot on about the floatplanes, they always require LOTS of attention.
Last week it was 60kt gusts for 2 days. This week its freezing up. Of course thats the reason insurance is usually double over a wheelplane. Sorry about the Citabria that was a shame, cant imagine it didnt flip that Cub parked right beside it??? Cant imagine leaving those planes simply tied to dock by one side..........
Kenmore has a picture of 17 crosspiled at their docks from a similar blow back in the 60's.

Sent from my LM-X210 using SuperCub.Org mobile app

IMG_7941.JPG
First snow

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_7941.JPG
    IMG_7941.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 256
Flew today, awesome performance, about 1300' pre minute. I'm a wuss, with single didgit temps predicted for night time temps I had to call it quits.
Back in the barn till spring

Glenn

Hey All,

Flying the other with Bill Barker is getting me excited for some warmer weather and some springtime/summer flying!!! Bill and I talked about about float flying on the radio and got my wife excited and she gave me the green light to look into some floats for the cub. So I need to jump on that before she changes her mind. Seems like EDO 2000's are generally the way to go. But if others have experiences, ideas, or know of floats on the market, let me know. I am experimental so I have some options! I definitely need to brush up on the rules. I know there is no landing in Baxter State Park, or Acadia, or the Allagash waterway (besides 7 approved spots) but is there anything else I am missing for areas where I cannot land. Im really hoping to get into some fishing holes and find some nice brook trout! So any not so secret spots would be appreciated.

While I am still on wheels, looking for some areas for Spring time fishing. Sounds like Ragmuff and Red Pines are still closed for the time being. Does anyone have a definitive answer on the U? I know the WAD goes there, and I have been told its open, but don't want to step on any toes if that is in fact not the case. Anyone been flying over the kennebec recently and know how high the water is? Obviously it's still early, but all of this social distancing makes me stir crazy for warm weather.

Splashing on the Sacendaga lake this past weekend, super weather lately. CF142A88-64F6-4FEE-BA7F-712AEA606E1E.jpeg

Attachments

• CF142A88-64F6-4FEE-BA7F-712AEA606E1E.jpeg
    CF142A88-64F6-4FEE-BA7F-712AEA606E1E.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 161
Back