Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Summer Fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearhawk Builder View Post
    Hey who's going to Loch Haven?
    It rained last night so clear weather the rest of the week. Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Bearhawk Builder liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    It rained last night so clear weather the rest of the week. Right?

Looks like it was a rough night. Looks like Amy was the last one standing

Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"
    Likes jrussl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cubdriver2 View Post
    Looks like it was a rough night. Looks like Amy was the last one standing

Glenn
    That was before the hangar party.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
    Thanks for coming and taking some pix I always forget. Did you bag your 8 airports on the way home Emily?

I made it to Old Town, Bangor, Griffin, Dover, Dexter, Pittsfield, and Central Maine. I probably should have quit after Dexter, but I didn't realize how tired I was until part way to Pittsfield. Then it turned out Pittsfield only has public gas when attended.

Emilie

Post Thanks / Like
    On the way to LHV

Finkhaven airport

Glenn
    Last edited by cubdriver2; 06-20-2018 at 03:32 PM.
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"
    Likes stknrddr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott pointing to the alcoholics

Glenn
    Last edited by cubdriver2; 06-23-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Logue

Finkhaven

Glenn
    Last edited by cubdriver2; 06-25-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    Likes FdxLou, stknrddr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Amish lunch date

We got treated to buggy rides

What a blast

Glenn
    Likes yellowbird69, OldCuby, kestrel, CharlieN liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Horner farm

Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Anyone know where you can get the piece the tail wheel is setting in, is this a homemade or manufactured item?

Thanks, Wes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another great SJ flyin. If you have never been you need to add it to your bucket list. Those of us in New England have one of the best playgrounds for year round flying fun. I have some midwest flying time and a little Alaska cub time and a lot in our NE sandbox. But, the valleys and hills of central Pennsylvania at this time of year when everything is as green as an Irish travel brochure is one of my favorite place to fly. Add to that the generous hospitality of local farmers and getting to fly and socialize with some great friends many whom you only get to see once a year makes SJ one of the greatest flying events of the year.
    I feel privileged to fly alongside such a great bunch of misfits

Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Another great SJ flyin. If you have never been you need to add it to your bucket list. Those of us in New England have one of the best playgrounds for year round flying fun. I have some midwest flying time and a little Alaska cub time and a lot in our NE sandbox. But, the valleys and hills of central Pennsylvania at this time of year when everything is as green as an Irish travel brochure is one of my favorite place to fly. Add to that the generous hospitality of local farmers and getting to fly and socialize with some great friends many whom you only get to see once a year makes SJ one of the greatest flying events of the year.

Glenn
    My feelings exactly!

Sent from my SM-T827R4 using SuperCub.Org mobile app
    Jim Newton
    --------------

Exeter N.H.---Spruce Creek Fly-in(7FL6) Daytona Beach FLorida
    Post Thanks / Like

Glenn
    Yeah---my sentiments exactly----misfits and some that still have FIRE in the belly---I love Basin Harbor but the green valleys of Pennsylvania are unbeatable---well said Glenn---keep the FUN going---Capt Cub

"You cannot teach experience, you must acquire it."
    Captain Cub
    Likes RaisedByWolves, kestrel, Poor Joe, Farmboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Those dang kids in there yellow cubs

Likes cubdriver2, N9PW, yellowbird69, 39-J3 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant seem to keep my head above the water up here. Frito Lay taking 20 trailers a day right now, there must be a holiday coming up. We have shipped a million lbs a day now for a week. Somebody is buying potato chips somewhere in new england

I did duck out a tad early on Friday, the spousal unit was wanting a lobster roll. Its 20 mins to Bar Harbor by Carbon Cub.Its somewhat interesting to see the dozens of corp jets that show up on Friday afternoon in the summer. Ive seen Michael Jordans jet, Mariah Carey, and Oprah show up. Talked to Kelly Preston once, Travoltas wife. She was a sweetheart, him not so much. That place is not for a taildragger but the gateway lobster pound is across the street. I am constantly amazed they will always put me up front with the big boys. If you show up in a cherokee or a skyhawk you are banished to the GA parking, but a cub get the rock star treatment. The NetJet drivers are always trying to trade me the left side of their reproductive organs for the cub. When we got back, we had to drive them off to leave. Not sure who the pretty blond was that got out of the citation mustang, but she had fancy sunglasses and the limo picked her up at the plane step. She didnt show much interest in the cub.

Name:  IMG_0458.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  72.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0459.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  73.0 KB

jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, we bought a few of those bags of chips, actually a few every week for decades.

Exeter N.H.---Spruce Creek Fly-in(7FL6) Daytona Beach FLorida
    Post Thanks / Like
    THIS picture says it all-----the most fun you can have with your pants on----thanks Tom----Capt Cub
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    Those dang kids in there yellow cubs

"You cannot teach experience, you must acquire it."
    Captain Cub
    Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure who the pretty blond was that got out of the citation mustang, but she had fancy sunglasses and the limo picked her up at the plane step. She didnt show much interest in the cub.
    Her loss for sure.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
    I cant seem to keep my head above the water up here. Frito Lay taking 20 trailers a day right now, there must be a holiday coming up. We have shipped a million lbs a day now for a week. Somebody is buying potato chips somewhere in new england

I did duck out a tad early on Friday, the spousal unit was wanting a lobster roll. Its 20 mins to Bar Harbor by Carbon Cub.Its somewhat interesting to see the dozens of corp jets that show up on Friday afternoon in the summer. Ive seen Michael Jordans jet, Mariah Carey, and Oprah show up. Talked to Kelly Preston once, Travoltas wife. She was a sweetheart, him not so much. That place is not for a taildragger but the gateway lobster pound is across the street. I am constantly amazed they will always put me up front with the big boys. If you show up in a cherokee or a skyhawk you are banished to the GA parking, but a cub get the rock star treatment. The NetJet drivers are always trying to trade me the left side of their reproductive organs for the cub. When we got back, we had to drive them off to leave. Not sure who the pretty blond was that got out of the citation mustang, but she had fancy sunglasses and the limo picked her up at the plane step. She didnt show much interest in the cub.

Name:  IMG_0458.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  72.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0459.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  73.0 KB

jim
    hang a set of these back by your tailwheel. it will stop them.https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-BULL-NUTS...AAAOSw-xVaKKRE

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats FUNNY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Olsen would hang those on the RedNeck Cub at JC. Drew quite a crowd!

Lou

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FdxLou View Post
    Mike Olsen would hang those on the RedNeck Cub at JC. Drew quite a crowd!

Lou
    That was pretty humorous. Miss him around here, RIP.
    Last edited by OLDCROWE; 06-26-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    Remember, These are the Good old Days!
    Thanks STaylor2 thanked for this post
    Likes FdxLou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice evening for a ride, my float pond

Glenn
    Likes Steve Pierce, L18C-95, kestrel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm several weeks late, but I've uploaded our pictures from the Cub Crafters STOL competition at Basin Harbor: https://j3.org/2018/06/album-parlin-...l-competition/

As usual, PM me if you want a photo higher resolution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone up for a flight tomorrow? Stuart and Johns maybe

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    Anyone up for a flight tomorrow? Stuart and Johns maybe

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org
    Iím out of town through next weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job Skip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0201.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	37792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0137.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	37793  

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations, skippy

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Well deserved. Nice

Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbors daughter had her graduation party at my hangar Saturday afternoon. Barefoot Dave and Brain in the he Husky we're flying past and stopped in for a swim.

Dave landing

Smokin

We had over 200 folks with a zillion kids here. 94 in the shade, the pond was hopping

Glenn
    Likes OldCuby, CharlieN, 40m, Steve Pierce, kestrel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Not much shaking on Sunday for me. Kids scattered doing their own kid stuff. Wife is doing her stuff today here and there. I am left to work on her front lawn pavillion project in the heat and humidity, or mess with the carbon cub.
    worked on the pavillion just long enough to say I had movement in the right direction, then its windows down to the Kennebec. Lots of gravel bars showing up South of Wyman dam.

this is the old standard, its a great spot to wade around in the river
    Name:  IMG_3411 (1).jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  162.3 KB

I hit three or 4 more then decide to get some gas head home to pound some more nails before the wife returns and spy one more gravel beach, with about 8 girls waving at me. In bikinis. I figure they must in in distress and should stop and see
    this is pretty short beach, with about 100 ft good beach, a huge swelled up spot and 100 more feet. Well, it took me 4 passes to get the speed right and timing down, but I made it for rescue purposes.
    In the end, they were doing ok with one kayak dedicated to beer. party girls A few of them wanted pix taken, so sure sounds good. Mr pilot, do you want us with our tops up or down? oh my...
    the girls of 100 ft beach

Name:  IMG_3416.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  161.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    You all are having TOO MUCH FUN!! Thanks for sharing.. I just had to chime in. I fly a '68 172 but know a cub is in my future, dare I say, near future? You all have opened up a world of opportunity which I didn't know existed in my back yard. I bounce between 1B1 (just south of Albany), and 8B0 Rangeley, Maine. Keep posting & hope to see you all around sometime!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iiAtlas View Post
    You all are having TOO MUCH FUN!! Thanks for sharing.. I just had to chime in. I fly a '68 172 but know a cub is in my future, dare I say, near future? You all have opened up a world of opportunity which I didn't know existed in my back yard. I bounce between 1B1 (just south of Albany), and 8B0 Rangeley, Maine. Keep posting & hope to see you all around sometime!

Welcome, a cub will really open up your playground

Glenn
    Thanks iiAtlas thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeeze Jim, it looks like your not having any fun in the carbon cub

Post Thanks / Like
    That could of been a calendar shot?

Sent from my SM-T827R4 using SuperCub.Org mobile app
    Jim Newton
    --------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Glenn,

Thanks for the tour in the model A, pond to cool off and the bottled water. It was hot. Must have been in 90s. Climbed to 5500 on way home to cool off and it’s been years since I did that. Great view up there. I couldn’t keep up with Brian’s Husky.

Amazing country out west past Albany. Landed at NY88 on way back, but didn’t see anyone around. Still nice grass strip to land on there.

Diner was good place to stop for lunch. Fun trip out to see Brian’s deer hunting play ground. Need to have some filets after deer season. His strip has a bit of a down and side slope if landing to the north and need to get the old brakes working better if landing down hill. Maybe time for groves for the PA11.

Sunday took my single seat gyrocopter up to the 5500 altitude since it was in 90s again and what a sight just hanging out around some clouds in a seat with no doors or windows or side panels watching all the boats in the lakes below. I wanted to take a photo, but didn’t want to drop phone since no trim on the gyro stick yet. I’m not use to being up so high in open environment so didn’t climb any higher, but much different experience from being in a plane since you can’t see a wing either. It’s very odd site picture after flying in Cub... I did stationary 360s all the way back down.

Dave
    Last edited by DavePA11; 07-02-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Headed to camp to beat the heat, doesn't get much better than this with a float plane. iiAtlas this is just south of Rangeley you probably fly over my strip (ME17) on your way up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51IA4z0LTEKBoeZkAPD0Xw.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	37856
    Thanks Bill.Brine, iiAtlas thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, a cub will really open up your playground

Glenn
    Thank you Glenn! The skyhawk and I get around... but the Cub will turn the places I fly over into places I can LAND !

Quote Originally Posted by Douten View Post
    Headed to camp to beat the heat, doesn't get much better than this with a float plane. iiAtlas this is just south of Rangeley you probably fly over my strip (ME17) on your way up.
    Douten, yes you are right! I fly right over your camp... spectacular. A trip to twitchells for a sea plane rating is on the calendar, I have a feeling the fun is just about to begin! Would love to visit you at ME17 some time. Thanks for the post.

EDIT: And my obligatory Cub post/day dreaming.. saw this neat-o cub at Great Barrington KGBR. Any of yours?

Last edited by iiAtlas; 07-03-2018 at 08:58 AM.
    Likes MountainflyerN22 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you motorheads might like this. Friend of mine in Syracuse NY has a Fleet model 2 and his neighbor just bought this model 10F in Tx and my friend Andrew just delivered it.

https://youtu.be/b9VxSNg8y7I

Glenn
    Likes 40m, Bearhawk Builder, kestrel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that the one Buck Hilbert use to own?
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers