• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

NE Summer Fun

I mean that isnt the descriptive word i would use but i suppose it works ha ha

I told the department of war I was giving rides to 38d bible students wearing orange bikinis. I already got the look so I’m sure there must be some pix just waiting in the wings

jim

Headed that way right now. We should be in Independence mo about the time Steve leaves for NH
j

20190715_184402.jpg
Pretty evening coming back from Burlington VT.
(yes I know it's not cub, but I do have my tailwheel training scheduled :))

Attachments

• 20190715_184402.jpg
    20190715_184402.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 250
Yesterday was one of those ultra rare days in the northeast. No wind all day. 60 miles viz 75 degrees
i told the young wife about 2 pm I couldn’t stand it anymore, throw your swimsuit and some dinner in the Cub were outta here. 75 miles north I had hopes that Chesuncook lake had dropped enough so the beaches would show up
We had a really pleasant afternoon on our own private beach. Had to clear 2 moose off the beach to land
Its not possible to even come close to this spot driving, and it was a 45 minute ride from home in the cub. Great afternoon

jim

Attachments

• 014BC87D-4DEE-46A0-A36E-CBD142F66185.jpg
    014BC87D-4DEE-46A0-A36E-CBD142F66185.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 298
Yesterday was one of those ultra rare days in the northeast. No wind all day. 60 miles viz 75 degrees
i told the young wife about 2 pm I couldn’t stand it anymore, throw your swimsuit and some dinner in the Cub were outta here. 75 miles north I had hopes that Chesuncook lake had dropped enough so the beaches would show up
We had a really pleasant afternoon on our own private beach. Had to clear 2 moose off the beach to land
Its not possible to even come close to this spot driving, and it was a 45 minute ride from home in the cub. Great afternoon

jim

Swimsuit, ok!

Fun day in the Adirondacks with my Mentor Bob and his girlfriend who got me hooked on floats and J4s 20 years ago. I think Bob is 80? and is still a kid on floats in his J4. Little chilly start to our day for these 2 who now spend 8 months a year in FLA. 46F when I took the picture.

Speculator

Twitchell

Stillwater

Stopped at Jeff's on Hinckley where they were having a little dock party in the middle of the lake. Even had a built in pool

Glenn

Last edited:
awesome pictures, glenn. that boat thats tied down out in the water that has the cover on in your first picture, that has me stumped. never seen that before. or is it tied down?

Awesome pics Glenn! Glad that you had a good day.
Missed your smiling face at Bowman as did others.
By the way I did fly there:)

awesome pictures, glenn. that boat thats tied down out in the water that has the cover on in your first picture, that has me stumped. never seen that before. or is it tied down?

The fact it is moored or the cover?

Many of these lakes as Glenn says are very shallow. Most of them are dammed up cow pastures. They have a channel where the original creek was which on many water bodies is a marked meandering channel. I have been paddling my Canoe and run up on stumps with no clue they were an inch below the surface. Bad enough during the day but late at night it really get your attention especially in cold weather.
When I am out camping with my boat I use a rig to pull it out from shore to it's anchor and draw it in when needed for loading. I normally run a nylon prop on my boat up there.

Glenn, Junior and I celebrated the First Day of Fall by jumping in North Twin Lake yesterday. 79 out and the water was 64. It was awesome.

Somewhere on the Sandy river yesterday. About 5 minutes before the fire dept tried to "Rescue" me from the plane crash that just happened. Plane crash in the river! I turned and burned out of there waved to the firetrucks.

sandy.jpg

Attachments

• sandy.jpg
    sandy.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 1,249
Spent some time yesterday over southern Vermont and western Mass starting to show fall colors.IMG_1606.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1606.jpg
    IMG_1606.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 266
Found out yesterday that Glenn G is still alive and well, been painting his house.

.... just not sure for how much longer.

71211802_2531323080244810_4364887387893923840_n.jpg

Attachments

• 71211802_2531323080244810_4364887387893923840_n.jpg
    71211802_2531323080244810_4364887387893923840_n.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 264
My wife and I have been painting, she did the bottom 16' and I get the top 8'. Been kicking my butt.

Good thing I bought her those pumpjacks for Christmas

Getting there, feels like this house is bigger then the empire State building

Glenn

Somewhere on the Sandy river yesterday. About 5 minutes before the fire dept tried to "Rescue" me from the plane crash that just happened. Plane crash in the river! I turned and burned out of there waved to the firetrucks.

View attachment 44611
Think SMALL N Numbers....Hey did you turn on the smoke for them!!

Back