Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 1948 PA-17 Vagabond

Post Thanks / Like

1948 PA-17 Vagabond

Bought my first tailwheel aircraft at the end of March.

Previously owned a Cessna 150 and 150 Aerobat. Got checked out in the PA-17 Vagabond earlier this week and having lots of fun flying it. Has dual controls and pilot hydraulic toe brakes with Ceconite cover. Home base airport has 2000' & 2400' grass strips. This Vagabond has a C-85 FAA Field Approved installation with metal propeller and no electrical system. It has a 12 gallon tank. Seeing indicated about 80 to 85MPH @ 2000RPM & 90 to 95MPH @ 2200RPM, 2000MSL. Power off stall is 45MPH and gross weight is 1150 pounds.

Really like this airplane!!!!!!!!

Likes SJ, NC2252M liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill your in for a ton of fun. Like you my first plane was a Pa15 Vagabond 4670H with the anemic Lyc 0145 with a wishful 65 hp. You got a honey being lite and with a C85 in yours. I have flown 4 different ones up to a C90 one and they are all a joy to fly. Your a lucky boy, have a good time with one of the funnest airplanes ever built.

Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"
    Likes rideandfly, Steve Pierce liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cubdriver2 View Post
    Bill your in for a ton of fun. Like you my first plane was a Pa15 Vagabond 4670h with the anemic Lyc 0145 with a wishful 65 hp. You got a honey being lite and with a C85 in yours. I have flown 4 different ones up to a C90 one and they are all a joy to fly. Your a lucky boy, have a good time with one of the funnest airplanes ever built.

Glenn
    Glenn,

The more I fly it the more I like it!!!! Out flying this morning, sweet bird and it's rigged nicely, too.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    There’s a Carolina Cub Club hotdog cookout this Saturday at York, SC (sc01) if your able to attend. Grass strip.
    Likes rideandfly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AKjurnees View Post
    There’s a Carolina Cub Club hotdog cookout this Saturday at York, SC (sc01) if your able to attend. Grass strip.
    Appreciate the invitation! Will send PM.