• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New supercub

Tx
After two years and two months I flew my cub again. Total restoration, extended baggage, upper baggage 180lb baggage, big baggage door. Already had the cgr-30 and trig radio and transponders. Lower door glass new boot cowl and underseat battery. 160hp. Extended the flaps inboard. Lots of carbon fiber. Still waiting on the headliner. Aero led nav strobes and suntail. One landing light in each wing and they pulse. Really shows up good. Left hand full sliding window. Float fittings and cargo pod tabs. The last couple feet of the fuselage has the tail clean out too. I was thrilled with the weight. 1125 on 35’s. 1150 with the firman belly pod on. It flys just like my old cub but much better. Lots of flying this summer.
32247bf1458f60ae327bc3e4771745db.jpg

440c26454c308098f40d963cfe48f31d.jpg

The Garmin 796 has been back ordered but should get here next week.

What a great birthday present for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After two years and two months I flew my cub again. Total restoration, extended baggage, upper baggage 180lb baggage, big baggage door. Already had the cgr-30 and trig radio and transponders. Lower door glass new boot cowl and underseat battery. 160hp. Extended the flaps inboard. Lots of carbon fiber. Still waiting on the headliner. Aero led nav strobes and suntail. One landing light in each wing and they pulse. Really shows up good. Left hand full sliding window. Float fittings and cargo pod tabs. The last couple feet of the fuselage has the tail clean out too. I was thrilled with the weight. 1125 on 35’s. 1150 with the firman belly pod on. It flys just like my old cub but much better. Lots of flying this summer.
32247bf1458f60ae327bc3e4771745db.jpg

440c26454c308098f40d963cfe48f31d.jpg

The Garmin 796 has been back ordered but should get here next week.

Looks great Tom, can’t wait to see it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well done Tom!!! Congratulations. Looks great. Awesome weight too, especially on the 35's. Can't wait to see it.

CONGRATULATIONS

​Bill

Looks awesome Tom. Must have been a busy week with none of us pestering you.
And your birthday besides. Great day at Cooper field.

Also please describe mom Fords birthday cake please

jim

Looks awesome Tom. Must have been a busy week with none of us pestering you.
And your birthday besides. Great day at Cooper field.

Also please describe mom Fords birthday cake please

jim

Home made yellow cake with home made chocolate frosting and had the biggest strawberries dipped in chocolate i have ever seen on top. It was pretty good. None left.

It was only a week of 19 hour days. The closer it got the less i could sleep.

Very, Very Nice! Congratulations. Like the instrument graphics....hope you can post more pics...I'm having trouble with that. My panel layout will be close to yours. Whose engine cluster did you use? Are those breaker switches?

Very, Very Nice! Congratulations. Like the instrument graphics....hope you can post more pics...I'm having trouble with that. My panel layout will be close to yours. Whose engine cluster did you use? Are those breaker switches?

Cgr-30P trig radio and transponder cb switches when I could. Moved the carb heat to the panel and key switch. I’ll get more pics once the gps goes in

Nice job Tom. Great weight on 35s. Were there any euricka moments on keeping the lbs. off. I’m sure your going to say that ounces turn into pounds but what things can you point to specifically? McCattos a given:p

Nice job Tom. Great weight on 35s. Were there any euricka moments on keeping the lbs. off. I’m sure your going to say that ounces turn into pounds but what things can you point to specifically? McCattos a given:p

Lots and lots and lots of cf and titanium. LED’s draw less power, so smaller wire poly tone is lighter, pay attention to what your putting in it. I was shocked when I put it on the scales.
It was like flying my old cub, but it performed better.

Last edited:
Looks nice!

Working cubs need light tails... for when you fly out your mechanic and all his tools in the back!

Can not wait to see it!

I guess I'd better get cranking on mine. Chris shot the base color coat on the fuselage this afternoon.

Oh no, here comes all the noisy Buzz Jobs at Lock Haven. It was so quiet while Tom's Cub was apart. It looks great.

Back