• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pa18 float refuelling step

Find the guy from Anchorage that stole two of mine while parked next to me overnight in Fairbanks. Been a few years so maybe they'll be cheap. Oh and he took all the pump out balls so he had a full load.

Atlee's are for mainly wheel gear in the links above except what Glenn's holding. The long steps can be installed if drilled through the float struts.

Gary

Last edited:
Make some. The ones on my old EDO 2000s were by far the best float fuel steps I ever had. It wouldn't be hard to duplicate them. You can't see it in this pic but they angle forward about 45*.

IMG_0170.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 260
Thanks Glenn,this looks like the one my son has on one side of his cub.Where does one find one of these.Many thanks.Ron.

ron, The one that glenn is showing is really too short to be safe while your son is trying to balance himself while pouring fuel in the tank. The one in stewart's picture enables you to stand on two feet.

Old guy here. Even with the long Atlee step, I needed to attach a lanyard to the lifting eye, so I could hang on while aiming that nozzle.

Ron, here's another picture to help illustrate my EDO's steps. The 2960s in the background didn't have a fuel step but with the Cessna cowl step and handle there was no need.

Attachments

• PA12 on floats 001.jpg
    PA12 on floats 001.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 187
OK, so when a guy decides to try hammering out a set of these we need an alloy that is somewhat formable and weldable. Recommendations?

Back