• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Anyone Have a set of Skywagon Wheel Pant Mounting Plates?

180_jeff

Anyone remove their wheel pants/mounting plates and have a set of the factory mounting plates lying around the hangar?

I’ll steal a set from oldcrowe. What’ll you pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have wheelpants and brackets that I I just removed. They are off my 1953 180 but appear to be the newer style, not the wheelpants and brackets that were same as the 170s. Shoot me a message and I can send pictures

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

As I recall, the mounting plates are just flat material (thickness?) cut to a shape, and drilled with nutplates added.
If so, they wouldn't be hard for someone to duplicate, IF they had a good drawing (preferably full size) or a mounting plate to use as a template.

They have stiffening flanges stamped into them. But, I agree - they could be duplicated if one had an original to copy.

There is also a special wheel retaining nut with an extension to support the outboard side of the wheel pant.

I wouldn't think them nuts would be hard to find.
Spruce sells some "Grove aluminum wheel pant nuts",
you'd have to check that the thread and dimensions are what you need.
I've seen lots of pantie-less Cessna's sporting the wheelpant-style axle nuts.
My old C150/150TD had them, I chucked them into a lathe and turned off the threaded "tit".
You could probably find someone who trade their wheelpant nuts for a set of regular nuts.

Back