• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Anyone have experince with AQUA 3190s ?????

Or how about these? Saw them first at Eyak Lake in Cordova when I was flying during the oil spill. No doubt common knowledge along the coast but I thought how inventive for the builders. One had hydraulics in the cab. Just drove under the front of the plane and lifted it via the rising frame under the spreader bars.

Attachments

• imageproxy.php.jpeg
    imageproxy.php.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 2DINTDLrSWyMrDOFhKHxGUSlrDneWEwJ23L2wg9RH7I.jpg
    2DINTDLrSWyMrDOFhKHxGUSlrDneWEwJ23L2wg9RH7I.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 145
Or how about these? Saw them first at Eyak Lake in Cordova when I was flying during the oil spill. No doubt common knowledge along the coast but I thought how inventive for the builders. One had hydraulics in the cab. Just drove under the front of the plane and lifted it via the rising frame under the spreader bars.

Those are a nice idea, but they’d require a two person team to launch, or some fancy rigging.

MTV

"Those are a nice idea, but they’d require a two person team to launch, or some fancy rigging.

MTV"

They drove the trailer into the lake then jumped out moved the beached and tethered plane by hand onto the trailer. Similar to what we do with an ordinary hydraulic trailer that lifts the spreader bars. Side guide boards and float bumper stops on the trailer would make that pre-positioning easier. Then pump up the lifting arms and scoot away to parking.

Of course the setup could be built with a standard low deck trailer the float keels sit on instead of the fancy hydraulics if the plane doesn't need to be removed later for storage.

Gary

I have never seen a set of used Aerocets 3400s amphibs listed for sale. EVER.....In fact I have never seen a used set of 3500Ls for sale either. Although I know a local guy who did find some 3500Ls for the deal of the century. ( less than 20K, thus no doubt he struck a deal with Satan) So has anyone ever seen a set of A-3400s for sale or are they like Unicorn testicles???

Here is another shot of what they call public or transient tie-downs on Beluga Lake ( 5BL). The rocks are rather nasty when the wind pounds your floats. And the steep bank up to the road tends to make it hard to tail ( heel) beach because there is no place for your aircraft's tail.

Attachments

• 2012-12-31 096 (1280x960).jpg
    2012-12-31 096 (1280x960).jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I believe they are 3190's but will have a look today to confirm. They were on a 185 previously.

Gary

These are indeed Aqua/Capre 3190's S/N 1108-09 Mfg. 5/97. Hatches in each float. Didn't appear abused.

Owner has 2960's now. Just in case someone wants what will likely be a deal when the snow finally melts around the rest of them

Gary

I called Seaplanes North today in an effort to buy some Aerocets. I was told that there are none and they are back-ordered into next year. Bummer...

That's a clue Alex, hope you placed an order. Use the 2960s this year and look forward to your new floats next year. You most certainly will have no trouble selling the Aerocets if for some reason you can't take delivery.

WIPLINE 3000A AMPHIB'S • $51,700 • THIS ONE WON'T LASTWipline 3000A amphib's w/ storage hatches, paddle brackets, walk wire & tow bar fittings. Only 372 Hrs TT. S/N 30059 & 30060, built 03/2001. Cessna 185 rigging including front pork chop fittings and rear attach fittings. Includes 12V electro/hydraulic pump assembly, hand pump assembly, hydraulic lines, switch panel w/indicator lights, Lake & Air gear advisory system, circuit breakers, wiring & retract handle assembly. New wheel bearings in 2017. Bottoms in good condition. • Contact Joe Birkemeyer - NORTHPOINT AVIATION, Owner - located Brainerd, MN USA • Telephone: 7153776921 . 2188293398 • Fax: 2188223893 • Posted April 26, 2018 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Pictures
1x1.gif

Alex,
If your thinking of diving into the world of amphibious floats the PK 3000 is made as the model 3050 with the main gear
retracting into the aft forward section leaving the STEP compartment ( one that really matters) the same as a straight float
These perform quite differently than ANY conventional amphibious float that uses the step compartment to hold the main gear. The Whips are a copy of Alton Bouchards original design of using the aft section to mount the mains. We have them here on a 185 that you could try out before you spend money? Also Keith is just finishing a tricked out 185 on brand new
3050's that I am sure you could demo? I would sure speak to him about all this, as they will certainly bend over backwards
to sell you a set of amphibious floats! So there is two options right there! I am running back and forth to Lincoln all the time annualing two planes, and have plenty of room here if you want to come fly them ??? Welcome to kick around with us
if that would help ya????

The problem with PK is their lack of compliance with the gross weight increase etc. The e guys at Kenmore said that Aerocets were the only way to go. A new set of Aerocets 3400 amphibia is now 95,000 bucks.....wow....

I sent a message last night to Wip asking if the Amphib versions met the same weight as the straight 3000s for the Kenmore gorss weight increase. And No answer yet.

Joe Birkemeyer is a good man. I would not hesitate to do business with him. He was the manager of Bauman floats for several years.

Bill

Joe works with Park Rapids Aviation boys now. Those guys know float planes. Bought quite a few sets of Aerocets from them. Joe is as straight a guy as you will ever meet.

Anyone know anything about CAP 3500’s on a 180/185? I’ve heard lots of good about CAP 3000’s performance, but not so much about 3500’s- anyone here flown them?

Back