• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Catto update.and ??

flynlow

FRIEND
Fowler, Ks
Visited with Nicole this morning. She related that the STC would be forthcoming in a couple (2 or 3 months)
She also said the PMA, (Parts Manufacturer Approval) would not be accomplished until the first of the year 2019.
I didn't ask... but what benefit would a STC be if the PMA wasn't obtained?? Seems you would have the right to use a prop that you couldn't use??
What am I missing?
Steve

The Supplemental Type Certificate is the approval of the part.
The Parts Manufacturing Authority is the permission to make, inspect and certify the parts.

The Supplemental Type Certificate is the approval of the part.
The Parts Manufacturing Authority is the permission to make, inspect and certify the parts.

I guess I should have said ..you have the right to use a prop that doesnt exist. since the PMA and STC need to go hand in hand.

Another thought...actually wishful thinking. In my youth, Craig told me the propeller he was trying to certify is the identical to the one he was building for the experimental folks. I am guessing that his prop, he will obtain the STC for has 'evolved' somewhat...otherwise, 'you would think' that a field approval would be a slam dunk for all the experimental props currently flying....yeah.

yet another STeve

Just sign up on there list another year like a "lemming" we all are, I've been on there list for "what" 4,5,6,7 years now. Makes them, make you feel good about nothing. Do you think that they saved all there list and your at the top of it, for the first ones STC,d.....NOT! I know, I know I'm the bad guy for bring this up! I have a bad habit for pointing out the "absurd, with more absurdnees"....Scott

I know Scott, it is frustrating but Craig has demonstrated to me that he is one of the good guys.. If his only sin is optimism then so be it...life goes on and Iam going with McCauley. When and if Catto becomes certified i'll take the bottom of the list and fly what I got until UPS pulls in the yard.
Steve

Just sign up on there list another year like a "lemming" we all are, I've been on there list for "what" 4,5,6,7 years now. Makes them, make you feel good about nothing. Do you think that they saved all there list and your at the top of it, for the first ones STC,d.....NOT! I know, I know I'm the bad guy for bring this up! I have a bad habit for pointing out the "absurd, with more absurdnees"....Scott

you are pretty much just a troll here... not much useful comments...

Steve, well put and I think you get it. It was never about the Catto folks. There great folks. The process is aggravating. Not because of the FAA. But there own roll out. And then you are the one to point it out and now are called names. Like Mike calling me a troll. I'm sure it would be different if someone made repeated appointment to have his plane repaired, or better yet, promises to pay his bill thats over due for years. Then some one points out why you let some one make you look like a fool. He,d think differently....Scott

Steve, well put and I think you get it. It was never about the Catto folks. There great folks. The process is aggravating. Not because of the FAA. But there own roll out. And then you are the one to point it out and now are called names. Like Mike calling me a troll. I'm sure it would be different if someone made repeated appointment to have his plane repaired, or better yet, promises to pay his bill thats over due for years. Then some one points out why you let some one make you look like a fool. He,d think differently....Scott

Have you had any encounters of working with the FAA? Give catto a friggen break, its a miracle that they are even trying to get anything certified. I think everyone agrees, shut the hell up about it. Bitching on the forum wont get them certified any quicker.

Scott, I feel your pain. You and I think on similar terms. I only visit waterholes with this optimist sign.

Glenn

Raised by wolves, you don't get it, did you evan read what you copied and reposted, it never was about the Catto folks them selfs, (nice remarks added) it was never about the FAA, also noted in my post, you must have passed over that? It's about the "the roll out" .....no bitching Involved here, NONE! Now that I have made my self clear....I hope your not holding your breath for being on the 2012 list......Sarcasm added........Scott

Visited with Nicole this morning. She related that the STC would be forthcoming in a couple (2 or 3 months)
Since some seem to be rather picky today, did Nicole actually say STC? Or did she say TC? I know that the term STC has been tossed about during these Catto discussions. First Catto needs to get a TC for the propeller, then the PMA needs to be acquired to build and sell the prop. Then someone needs to get an STC which is needed to install it on an airplane. Catto will be the holder of the TC and PMA. Anyone could acquire and hold the STC. The STC could be applicable to just one engine and airframe combination or a collection of various models.

just what list is it that you are (continually) griping about, I’ve only ever seen are you interested in surveys from Cato just like the one that has been on their web site for a good while and at their booth at OSH.

just what list is it that you are (continually) griping about, I’ve only ever seen are you interested in surveys from Cato just like the one that has been on their web site for a good while and at their booth at OSH.

LAST POST FROM ME ON THE ISSUE. Becuase if you make a piont here, your the bad guy troll. No griping here, just honesty in pointing out the obvious. After many years of sign up at the Alaska Airmen Booth. The sign up sheets where YOU could be one of the first in line to get there STC propeller, this is getting old. it was, and still is NOT about the Catto folks, there fine folks, it was, and still is NOT about the FAA delays. It is and still is about the roll out, or proceived rolled out. Although I wish them much apprehended good luck in there Qwest. True and accurate progress updates should have been a better way of doing business. Having folks sign up on there multiple years of list seems redicules....I hope I have explained this without upsetting folks that seem confuse on my point. I'm not trolling, I'm only pointing out the obvious and wishing it went smoother. Case and point in the simpler of terms. Keep the process going with true and accurate updates.....nothing more. Scott

LAST POST FROM ME ON THE ISSUE. Becuase if you make a piont here, your the bad guy troll. No griping here, just honesty in pointing out the obvious. After many years of sign up at the Alaska Airmen Booth. The sign up sheets where YOU could be one of the first in line to get there STC propeller, this is getting old. it was, and still is NOT about the Catto folks, there fine folks, it was, and still is NOT about the FAA delays. It is and still is about the roll out, or proceived rolled out. Although I wish them much apprehended good luck in there Qwest. True and accurate progress updates should have been a better way of doing business. Having folks sign up on there multiple years of list seems redicules....I hope I have explained this without upsetting folks that seem confuse on my point. I'm not trolling, I'm only pointing out the obvious and wishing it went smoother. Case and point in the simpler of terms. Keep the process going with true and accurate updates.....nothing more. Scott
Scott, Didn't mean to come off as baiting, that actually helps.

I understood Nicole to say STC, Then she added that the PMA would take til first of year.

At any rate it makes one appreciate whats involved in the certification process. The FAA probably errs on the side of caution in this process but I'll accept that, opposed to the alternative.
Steve

Something doesn’t quite sound right. First off, they need a Type Certificate for the prop. That is the design approval. Next up, they need a Production Certificate to be able to build the prop (they normally allow a short period of production under the TC only). Then finally the need an STC to allow that prop to be installed on each make model airplane. PMA doesn’t even enter into it. PMA is only for parts, not for complete Type Certified products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

last post from me on the issue. Becuase if you make a piont here, your the bad guy troll. No griping here, just honesty in pointing out the obvious. After many years of sign up at the alaska airmen booth. The sign up sheets where you could be one of the first in line to get there stc propeller, this is getting old. It was, and still is not about the catto folks, there fine folks, it was, and still is not about the faa delays. It is and still is about the roll out, or proceived rolled out. Although i wish them much apprehended good luck in there qwest. True and accurate progress updates should have been a better way of doing business. Having folks sign up on there multiple years of list seems redicules....i hope i have explained this without upsetting folks that seem confuse on my point. I'm not trolling, i'm only pointing out the obvious and wishing it went smoother. Case and point in the simpler of terms. Keep the process going with true and accurate updates.....nothing more. Scott

thank you!

Trolls or no trolls (I am a bit sensitive right now about "trolls", having babysat our granddaughter, who is 2 years old and who cannot get enough music from the movie "Trolls", or tee shirts with Trolls on them, etc) we are here to learn, to do things better and to be safer. I think this thread has run its course. I am one of those who is anxious to get a Catto prop approved for my good old super cub, but I know that the Catto family had a big fire to deal with a relatively short time ago, I have heard nothing but good things about their honesty and with this in mind I suggest we give them the benefit of the doubt, learn from it and move on.

Randy

Trolls or no trolls (I am a bit sensitive right now about "trolls", having babysat our granddaughter, who is 2 years old and who cannot get enough music from the movie "Trolls", or tee shirts with Trolls on them, etc) we are here to learn, to do things better and to be safer. I think this thread has run its course. I am one of those who is anxious to get a Catto prop approved for my good old super cub, but I know that the Catto family had a big fire to deal with a relatively short time ago, I have heard nothing but good things about their honesty and with this in mind I suggest we give them the benefit of the doubt, learn from it and move on.

Randy

Thks. Randy, i had a troll doll hanging from my rear view mirror in my 57 Ranchero....a few years back

At any rate it looks like the certification is still under way and sometime in the future....thought some here would want to know...Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...religion and politics anyone??

Steve

Why are people waiting for Catto when there is a wood core composite prop out there that is legal on pa-12 and 18 with 0-320. Pulls as hard weighs the same.

I have bought two Catto props. If you dont like the prop, Nichol will fix it for you. If you still dont like it, she will let you try another one. If you dont like that one, she will refund your money. I wish all companies were like Catto. Best customer service ever.
I hope they will clear the FAA process , sell millions of dollars of props, and the world lived happily every after.

Now to hijack the thread and move on, why did Maine get rid of billboards, when in South Carolina they have these beside the road?
Greer SC driving thru last tuesday.
Now billboards make perfect sense

jim
sugar.jpg

Attachments

• sugar.jpg
    sugar.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 4,025
Now to hijack the thread and move on, why did Maine get rid of billboards, when in South Carolina they have these beside the road?
Greer SC driving thru last tuesday.
Now billboards make perfect sense
jim

Some folks can read and others just talk?

Gary

Maritime provinces in Canada place severe limitations on billboards because they are eyesores and a hindrance to tourism.

Alaska banned them in 1998 via public ballot.

I miss the Burma-Shave sequential ads and how many miles to Wall Drug. Beat listening to my parents sing and talk while driving because they were too cheap to buy an AM radio.

Gary

Is this the W80DM38-42 prop with fiberglass covering. Do you have performance numbers 150hp-160hp?
As Steve mentioned any comparisons with the borer prop would be helpful.

Back