• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Husky A1B-200 exhaust, repair sources?

cubscout

FRIEND
I have this friend (no, REALLY!), who has an Aviat Husky A1B, with the 200hp IO-360 option. The #3 exhaust stack cracked right at the flange. Looking for recommendation for repair shop, Certified Repair Station or whatever. On preliminary visual inspection, the rest of the system seems OK.

And I emphasize this is for the 200 hp option, not the more common 180 hp version, so pretty sure it's an entirely different system. Up until a few months ago, there was a decent Husky Forum, but apparently they got hacked, and that one is no more.

Thanks. cubscout

I have always used Dawley. You might give them a call since the 200 hp Husky isn't very common. Kurt or Larry have always done good work and been very helpful.

I bought two new mufflers & tailpipes for my C180 a couple years ago from AWI 800-597-4315.
They have a PMA to manufacture new parts, which was cheaper than OH'ing my old stuff.
Prompt courteous service.

I have also had exhaust repairs done in the past by Custom Aircraft Parts in El Cajon CA 619-561-5757
Not a CRS or PMA so experimental only (aka no paperwork), but quality work quick and relatively cheap.

I'm remiss in not re-posting: My friend went with Dawley, and happy with results, though not cheap. Repaired parts have thicker exhaust flange, which should help. As a helpful hint, plan to send the entire assembly, not just the broken section. That way they can get the critical alignment correct. Shipping is pretty costly on these components owing to their bulk.

And as WhiskeyMike said, the Husky site is up. I apparently hit it at a brief problem time. Not as active as supercub.org, but some good technical information, and not a lot of hot air and unsubstantiated opinions.

Thanks. cubscout

Back