• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Brake Reservoir

cplne

Addressing the last squawk on the 12 today. The plane has Cessna 150 rudder pedals and one of the reservoirs is weeping a bit. The pedals are noted in the logs but the reservoirs?? No part number, no manufacturer no nothing. This has been the trend on this old girl. The brakes operate fine but would like to make a repair while I have her opened up. Probably should change the reservoirs and looking for recommendations. I’m a big fan of Grove from our aerobatic planes but I don’t want to have to manufacturer a new installation. Recommendations please. I’ll try to get a pic today. Bunch of bootleggers have had this plane for the last 70 years

If it has C150 rudder pedals does it have the brake master cylinders as well? I think they were made by Gerdes. I would look it up in a Cessna parts manual. Went though this on a Pacer a few years ago trying to identify the correct seals etc.

Williams toe brake converson for tripacer appears to use cessna pedals & master cylinders.
They seem to work well, whether on a cessna or somethjng else.
Cessna mc's incorporate a "lock-o-seal" whjch is a combination washer / o-ring .
Mine was weeping out the shaft, replacing the lock-o-seal fixed it.

My Cub moved about 4 months ago to a hangar at Wolf Lake. Adam played a small part in that. The power of suggestion. Watching that Cub fight the tie downs in the normal SE winds at Hood was wearing on me. Hangar life is good!

My Cub moved about 4 months ago to a hangar at Wolf Lake. Adam played a small part in that. The power of suggestion. Watching that Cub fight the tie downs in the normal SE winds at Hood was wearing on me. Hangar life is good!

Beautiful machine. Adams nephew and my wife have the 12 parked at the Lake Hood Hangar. Please say hello to Adam. Hope to meet you in the spring

Mark and Keighley

I met and spoke with your nephew several times through the summer. I had a knack of parking my truck and dog in his way as he flew while I wrenched. :)

I met and spoke with your nephew several times through the summer. I had a knack of parking my truck and dog in his way as he flew while I wrenched. :)
Funny, that’s Adams Nephew. He really got his Grandfathers and Adams Genes, flies a really good stick at 16. His dad bought the 14 parked next to the hangar. You need to plan on coming out to the cabin this summer and visit

Back