• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Great overnight New Mexico grass strip?

Qt0373

heading in June from San Antonio to Idaho for back country experience. looking for great place to overnight in central/northern New Mexico. any grass strips/fuel with overnight accommodations and nearby?

No fuel or facilities but as Tom said great strip. Taos is very close for your fuel and overnight accomodations. Also great resturants

Arne

If you're camping, top off over in Taos, then hop over to NM03 (Grant Besley). If I recall there are picnic tables there and camping spots. I was there for their official opening ceremony a couple of years ago. Nice place.

-Cub Builder

KRCV is 70 miles northwest of NM03, cheapest fuel in the region. Courtesy car and awesome microbrew/pizza joint in town,Three Barrel Brewing. Great stop!
Tom

Curious if NRA Whittington Center near Raton has an airstrip?
Spent a little time there about 30 years ago (my how time flies), pretty country.

Anybody in good with the NRA? Maybe we could get them interested in an airstrip on the property. Get the RAF involved. Fly in and shoot. That would be cool!

That must be quite the junkyard SW of Taos to make it on the sectional!

George

Last edited:
Back