• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Fiber like washers between engine mount brackets and firewall?

CMitch

FOUNDER
Hello: Hopefully someone will know the part number for the fiber like washers I found in between the engine frame mounting tangs that bolt to the airframe, and the firewall?

I only have these washers on 3 of the 4 engine mount bracket attachments that are snug against the firewall? I think it is the top right mount that did not have a washer on it? Might be the lower right??? I'm not sure if perhaps it disintegrated upon re-entry..... or if there is a good explanation for why one of the brackets should not have this fiber like washer applied?

Also, after replacing these washers and cleaning up a little surface corrosion on the mounting brackets, any idea what the torque should be on the nuts that that hold these engine bracket mounting tangs to the frame behind the instrument panel?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Yep, the swing out mount stop arm bracket is on the top right Co no fiber washer. They are called out in the parts manual I believe.

Thank you Steve for answering the missing washer mystery, any idea if there is any special torque on those mounting bolts or just standard practices?

Thank you Steve for answering the missing washer mystery, any idea if there is any special torque on those mounting bolts or just standard practices?

and I like to use an all metal nut on those instead of a nylock to give it a few more threads....

Back