Thread: WTB: 185 w/RSTOL

Post Thanks / Like

WTB: 185 w/RSTOL

Okay after much thought I've decided to restore another Cessna 185. Three requirements:

1. Must be RSTOL equipped
    2. Must have the factory float kit
    3. I'll be financing the purchase so must be U.S. registered
    Phil Whittemore
    Likes DENNY, C-FIJK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother sold the floats off his 185F already. Aircraft has the factory float kit. Not sure about the RSTOL. It has a low time engine, glass panel. New interior. Very well maintained. In the Anchorage area. Mark Phillips (907) 227-0492.
    Last edited by Sourdough75; 10-29-2019 at 11:25 PM.
    Likes pfm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This one is ready to go and does not need any restoration. https://www.supercub.org/forum/showt...mphib-For-Sale $250k or make a reasonable offer.
    N1PA

Post Thanks / Like
    There is one about 110 miles as the crow flies from you under 190 feet of cold fresh water on wheel skis which needs restoration. The skis were new when it sank.
    N1PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Canada

1978 CESSNA 185 • $152,000 • AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SALE • 1978 C-185, TT 5035,SMOH 1481,BULK @ 1360, New Cam,crankcase,@ 1206 6 New ECI Cylinders, SPOH O, O/H 04/2019 Mc Cauley, D3A34C401/90DFA-4 (86" BLADES), AQUA 3190 FLOATS (TIGHT), WHEELS, C-3600 WHEEL SKIS INCLUDED, ROBERTSON STOL, WING X, WHELEN STROBES, P-PONK GEAR MOD, P-PONK AVIATION STC SA2918NMREAR BUSH SEATS, ALSO REAR BENCH SEAT, 5TH AND 6TH BENCH SEAT, ONE OWNER FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS, FRESH WATER AIRCRAFT/ PRIVATE SALE, $152,000 CND • Contact stephen Assaly - C&S ENTERPRISES LTD., Broker - located Hawkesbury, ON Canada • Telephone: 613-632-0123 • Fax: 613-632-9027 • Posted October 28, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchistReport This AdView Larger Images

Post Thanks / Like

Salvage

Quote Originally Posted by skywagon8a View Post
    There is one about 110 miles as the crow flies from you under 190 feet of cold fresh water on wheel skis which needs restoration. The skis were new when it sank.
    I spent a week on an attempted salvage of said 185, I can info of what we saw and did at that time,,it's been down there quite a while!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterrat View Post
    I spent a week on an attempted salvage of said 185, I can info of what we saw and did at that time,,it's been down there quite a while!
    I located it the summer after it went down. but made no attempt at salvage because the insurance company had sold it. I can confirm that it is right side up. One of the members of the group that bought it called me asking for the location.
    N1PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Barnstormer, don't you need to learn how to fly first? Or will the wife be showing you up on that also?
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barnstormer has a very nice C185 now. I’ve seen it. From what I saw he can fly it just fine. I think this is a pretty old post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gbflyer View Post
    Barnstormer has a very nice C185 now. I’ve seen it. From what I saw he can fly it just fine. I think this is a pretty old post.
    He sold it!! He is having withdrawals from speed!!

We spent some river bank time together this summer, had to pull his chain a bit.
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!
    Thanks Chicken Hawk thanked for this post