• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

I'm Back in a Spam Can!!

Eddie Foy

South Florida
1969 180H. High time but solid. Bought it cheap so I can make it what I want.
Need advise on interior panels. It has plastic ones that need to be replaced.

14B2349C-75DD-484E-9E04-A7638B8631E3.jpg

Attachments

• 14B2349C-75DD-484E-9E04-A7638B8631E3.jpg
    14B2349C-75DD-484E-9E04-A7638B8631E3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 660
Congratulations Eddie, hope you remember what you what your feet are for!

Selkirk for interior panels, not light but nice.

Kirby

Congratulations Eddie, hope you remember what you what your feet are for!

Selkirk for interior panels, not light but nice.

Kirby

I saw them. They are fiberglass. I have Frank OConnel checking them out as they are in Coeur deAlene.
I still have happy feet! And toe brakes!

Old story but maybe worth repeating. I replaced my old stock interior with Selkirk panels. The installation was a huge pain. Once it was done I really didn't care for the appearance. I ripped it out and replaced it with Plane Plastics, which looks much more like stock plastic panels. MUCH easier to install. Like Selkirk the parts require painting. No big deal. After lots of testing I used standard Krylon since it worked better than anything else I tried, including the Krylon paint for plastics. I was happy enough with that until I took a ride with a friend who had the best looking interior I'd ever seen in a Skywagon. It didn't take long to decide to do the same. It still turns heads. https://youtu.be/zo06DxOIJy8

What is that on the floor?

Old story but maybe worth repeating. I replaced my old stock interior with Selkirk panels. The installation was a huge pain. Once it was done I really didn't care for the appearance. I ripped it out and replaced it with Plane Plastics, which looks much more like stock plastic panels. MUCH easier to install. Like Selkirk the parts require painting. No big deal. After lots of testing I used standard Krylon since it worked better than anything else I tried, including the Krylon paint for plastics. I was happy enough with that until I took a ride with a friend who had the best looking interior I'd ever seen in a Skywagon. It didn't take long to decide to do the same. It still turns heads. https://youtu.be/zo06DxOIJy8

Congratulations Eddy.

Today I’ve been replacing fuel vents and the associated valve which I’ll ‘PIREP’ in the existing threads on such.

For carpets I’ve recently put in a SCS interiors kit. Fantastic, couldn’t be happier.

Thanks for the interior info StewartB ,well worth repeating.

Texmex.

Steve, there are very senitve fokes on here, so I have been informed. SJ has been to the special needs and sensitivity training school. I was politely ask to mind my manners. He seems to be the " commandant" of political correctness....you've been warned. So knock off the closing of the thread sarcasm. Signed prisoner of oppressed....Scott

Steve, there are very senitve fokes on here, so I have been informed. SJ has been to the special needs and sensitivity training school. I was politely ask to mind my manners. He seems to be the " commandant" of political correctness....you've been warned. So knock off the closing of the thread sarcasm. Signed prisoner of oppressed....Scott

I guess subtlety didn't work...

Can you post some pics?My seats are good. I took out the bench.

Congratulations Eddy.

Today I’ve been replacing fuel vents and the associated valve which I’ll ‘PIREP’ in the existing threads on such.

For carpets I’ve recently put in a SCS interiors kit. Fantastic, couldn’t be happier.

Thanks for the interior info StewartB ,well worth repeating.

Texmex.

SJ holds the axe and you :lol:are the turkey!!

Not great photo's but you get the idea.

I also got the underlay which was a little heavier. My theory is that it's quieter and makes the carpet sit better.

IMG_3289.JPG

IMG_3293.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3289.JPG
    IMG_3289.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_3293.jpg
    IMG_3293.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 381
Yes I've had some ribbing from some C180 guys. But so long as my Dad or my son don't take the aircraft it's easy to take care off. :)

Agree with stewartb on the Selkirk. I suppose a person would get better at installing but the first one is a pain. It looks OK, but it's heavy. What I've seen that looks the best to me is stripped to the metal and painted, but talk about work....wow.

The panel. Century 2000 autopilot. I need to add a good cht/egt like the EI UBG-16.

B80DDA42-369F-4148-B32B-E1E52CA5331A.jpg

Attachments

• B80DDA42-369F-4148-B32B-E1E52CA5331A.jpg
    B80DDA42-369F-4148-B32B-E1E52CA5331A.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 462
Or remake the right side panel. Lose the Cessna temp and fuel gauge pod and go digital like Aerospace Logic. You can use the cavern left after removing the Cessna stuff for another glove box. Or two. [emoji57]

Image1520702397.537515.jpg

Attachments

• Image1520702397.537515.jpg
    Image1520702397.537515.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
No major panel changes this year if I want to make JC. I am overhauling the engine and that takes 4 to 8 weeks. Putting on a new 88" C203 Black Mac.

Or remake the right side panel. Lose the Cessna temp and fuel gauge pod and go digital like Aerospace Logic. You can use the cavern left after removing the Cessna stuff for another glove box. Or two. [emoji57]

View attachment 35569

Sounds like fun. Enjoy it!

Skywagons are my favorite airplanes. I hope my Rev 2 changes my mind, but......

Last edited:
Agree with stewartb on the Selkirk. I suppose a person would get better at installing but the first one is a pain. It looks OK, but it's heavy. What I've seen that looks the best to me is stripped to the metal and painted, but talk about work....wow.

Brittle! You get good at fiberglass repair, so maybe it’s an education deduction? I think I could sell that!

Back