• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Does anyone have experiences with a PA12 on Wipaire 2100 amphis?

AJCruiser

Greater Seattle Area
I'm new to the cub world and have PA12 I'm curious if anyone has experience with a PA12 on Wipaire 2100a's? I'm curious how it performed?

See the March 2018 issue of EAA Sport Aviation magazine, Good article on a PA-12 on, among others, Wip 2100 A's
Only downside to them I see is a really crappy useful load. Empty weight of 1650ish on that airplane.

I'm new to the cub world and have PA12 I'm curious if anyone has experience with a PA12 on Wipaire 2100a's? I'm curious how it performed?

Moore information needed. Empty weight, what engine/prop, flaps or no, long engine mount or short, etc. Any amphib is nose heavy, long mount will make that worse.

MTV

Moore information needed. Empty weight, what engine/prop, flaps or no, long engine mount or short, etc. Any amphib is nose heavy, long mount will make that worse.

MTV

MTV no disrespect meant I don't understand why I need more specifics for my question. Yours are great follow up questions. I was looking for more general answers to start with but I'm new to this community and maybe I need to ask very specific questions to get answers to some off my questions. Thanks for at least engaging on my post so it gets more interest.

MTV no disrespect meant I don't understand why I need more specifics for my question. Yours are great follow up questions. I was looking for more general answers to start with but I'm new to this community and maybe I need to ask very specific questions to get answers to some off my questions. Thanks for at least engaging on my post so it gets more interest.

AJ,

The point of my post is that all or any of those mods will significantly affect the performance of the airplane. It is somewhat meaningless to compare Aircraft performance, particularly on floats, unless you are comparing apples to apples.

FWIW,

MTV

AJ

As Steve said, we operate a PA12 on Wip 2100 amphibious floats in central Texas. The airplane does well for us van in the summer heat as long as we keep the weight within limits (1935# gross). We are typically off the water in 25-30 seconds. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer. Our airplane has vortex generators and 150 hp.

Back