Thread: Does anyone have experiences with a PA12 on Wipaire 2100 amphis?

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have experiences with a PA12 on Wipaire 2100 amphis?

I'm new to the cub world and have PA12 I'm curious if anyone has experience with a PA12 on Wipaire 2100a's? I'm curious how it performed?

Post Thanks / Like
    ProMark (Ken Wittekiend) uses one down in Burnet Texas for float plane training. ken@promarkaviation.net
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Thanks AJCruiser thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    See the March 2018 issue of EAA Sport Aviation magazine, Good article on a PA-12 on, among others, Wip 2100 A's
    Only downside to them I see is a really crappy useful load. Empty weight of 1650ish on that airplane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJCruiser View Post
    I'm new to the cub world and have PA12 I'm curious if anyone has experience with a PA12 on Wipaire 2100a's? I'm curious how it performed?
    Moore information needed. Empty weight, what engine/prop, flaps or no, long engine mount or short, etc. Any amphib is nose heavy, long mount will make that worse.

MTV
    Likes AJCruiser liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mvivion View Post
    Moore information needed. Empty weight, what engine/prop, flaps or no, long engine mount or short, etc. Any amphib is nose heavy, long mount will make that worse.

MTV
    MTV no disrespect meant I don't understand why I need more specifics for my question. Yours are great follow up questions. I was looking for more general answers to start with but I'm new to this community and maybe I need to ask very specific questions to get answers to some off my questions. Thanks for at least engaging on my post so it gets more interest.

Post Thanks / Like
    MTV no disrespect meant I don't understand why I need more specifics for my question. Yours are great follow up questions. I was looking for more general answers to start with but I'm new to this community and maybe I need to ask very specific questions to get answers to some off my questions. Thanks for at least engaging on my post so it gets more interest.
    AJ,

The point of my post is that all or any of those mods will significantly affect the performance of the airplane. It is somewhat meaningless to compare Aircraft performance, particularly on floats, unless you are comparing apples to apples.

FWIW,

MTV
    Likes cubdriver2, FdxLou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    AJ

As Steve said, we operate a PA12 on Wip 2100 amphibious floats in central Texas. The airplane does well for us van in the summer heat as long as we keep the weight within limits (1935# gross). We are typically off the water in 25-30 seconds. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer. Our airplane has vortex generators and 150 hp.
    Thanks Bill Rusk, AJCruiser thanked for this post
    Likes AJCruiser liked this post