• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

AirVentures STOL 2018

Little_Cub

Palmer, Alaska
AirVentures STOL 2018
Hi Everyone!

It's time to gather STOL pilots for AirVentures 2018! Have you done competitions or
flown STOL in the backcountry? Would you like the opportunity to fly at AirVentures? If so please
go to http://www.alarmspro.com/AirVentures_STOL_2018/ read the information sheet and fill out the
STOL registration form. The goal is to safely share a once in a life time experience while
showcasing different STOL aircraft with a style of flying that many people are unaware.

Registration will close March 15, 2018 with the competitor list available March 25TH 2018.

Thank you,

Kris and Frank Knapp

Last edited:
EAA is trying to get as many new faces and machines as possible.. It's an experience to fly with some of the
real life STOL characters and be part of the Worlds greatest Air Show! If your interested please take a second
and fill out the registration.. insurance can come later.

Last call.. :)
frank

I do wish I could dedicate the time to go this year. My plan is to go for 2019, maybe hold a spot for me then? While I am a beginner without much hope of showing true stol with chubby Mauly, maybe I will register as Steve Eaton or Eddie Doyal (jr).:p

I just hope I can make Anchorage this year:???:

Better get that entry form filled out Tom. Surely your project will be healed up and ready to crack out by then:p

Better get that entry form filled out Tom. Surely your project will be healed up and ready to crack out by then:p

I'm running out of parts. Don't know what im going to do with my after work free time once im done. Maybe sleep like a normal person

We gonna see you there?

Man, good question. I got lucky once at a STOL deal. Hard to look very good when going against a bunch of carbon cubs. Even the 180s are cub short. Not sure I want to press my luck!....Momma usually makes me pick a trip. Utah looks pretty nice in the fall

Man, good question. I got lucky once at a STOL deal. Hard to look very good when going against a bunch of carbon cubs. Even the 180s are cub short. Not sure I want to press my luck!....Momma usually makes me pick a trip. Utah looks pretty nice in the fall

I would be entering as 'ugly duckling', but pick your trip to Alaska, via Utah and Oshkosh for fuel. Great Circle Course.

I would be entering as 'ugly duckling', but pick your trip to Alaska, via Utah and Oshkosh for fuel. Great Circle Course.

Shopped your idea with my wife......she wants your physical address so she makes sure and burns the right house down!

Look for the airfield in Jenks OK with the tree at the end and in the way. Old rickety barn beside, white cub with red stripes and coyotes on the boot cowl...

Thats the place!:frog:

AirVentures STOL 2018
Hi Everyone!

This years participants for the STOL Demo at AirVentures has been confirmed..
Attached is the list, it will be a good representation of different aircraft and pilots.
The fun will start at the Ultralight field just before sunset on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
and Friday evenings. The pilots will gather at the Zenith trailer behind the stands in the vendor area
a half hour before flying, please come visit and talk STOL.

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 10.41.54 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 10.41.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 10.41.54 PM.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 921
I'm not an insider and I've heard of about half of these guys. They should have a red carpet event for such celebrities:
"Joe, Joe....who are you wearing?"

"Alaska Bush Wheels."

NAA, You'd be fine. EAA runs this show after sunset so no one can really see the planes :oops:

As long as they don't get a look at the pilot the small children in the crowd should be fine. They would most certainly survive seeing the plane. Now seeing Steve on the other hand . . . . . :yikez:

Back