• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Happy birthday to Cap Cub

Scouter

SPONSOR
Exeter Maine
Last week was the 85th birthday of our beloved mentor and flying pal fr.om the northeast, John Fleurent. Born and raised in Biddeford, ME, he went on to a successful career as an airline pilot finishing up his career as a Delta captain. He started in the airline biz behind props and finished in a modern jet
In the meantime he built one of the finest RV 8 in the fleet, and if you have the privilege to watch him fly a routine in it, you are lucky indeed. He gave my daughter an aerobatic show for her wedding present, they are still talking about it in our little town
i love to see him in his, RV, but he makes his J3 do things that are just as impressive. He is every bit as good at energy management as Bob Hoover

i was hesitant to mention his passing birthday, but is is a real inspiration to all of us hacks in the Northeast. I am humbled to have him as a friend. Happy birthday Pal

image.jpg

He he sent me this vid of last Friday afternoon at Spruce Creek mixing it up with the gang of RVs and P51
He is right wing in the RV flight of three. Smoke on!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpyJXRUv6iY&list=UUlwJxEln-e_9ZIKIKKJpZqg

Jim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 271
Happy BD Captain Cub! Everybody knows you everybody loves you! I landed at NASA SLF the other day and sure enough one of the heavyweights knew you personally. You are the best energy manager I've ever knew. Can't wait when you are back for flying season.
Cheers,
Russki
Capt Cub private airshow - 1 (1).jpg

Capt Cub and Jim - 1.jpg

Capt Cub and Jim - 1 (1).jpg

Capt Cub private airshow - 1.jpg

Attachments

• Capt Cub private airshow - 1 (1).jpg
    Capt Cub private airshow - 1 (1).jpg
    928.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Capt Cub and Jim - 1.jpg
    Capt Cub and Jim - 1.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 275
  • Capt Cub and Jim - 1 (1).jpg
    Capt Cub and Jim - 1 (1).jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Capt Cub private airshow - 1.jpg
    Capt Cub private airshow - 1.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 191
The youngest kid I know. Happy Birthday buddy

Sentimental Journey poster boy

Old dogs rock

Glenn

Last edited:
The Real Deal for sure. If I had half of his energy I'd get far more done. Sitting here on another snowy Maine day thinking about the last time I saw him--blowing by with smoke on in the RV over the Bold Coast of Downeast. May there be many more great flying days ahead. It's an honor and a privilege.

I knew a Frank Ross, did our maintenance. Was retired from Delta. Originally worked for The Yellow Bird airline. Great guy.
He had lots of stories of Northeast.

Kem

I`m overwhelm---I`m not so eloquent so as to articulate the way you made me feel about the birthday wishes---you guys are the reason why I still have "fire in the belly"---I`m happy and proud to have all of you as friends----thank you so much---I raise my glass--CHEERS--looking forward to more summer fun---see you soon---Capt Cub ---John Fleurent

Cheers and Happy Birthday Capt John!

We all want to learn from you, so if you slow down and want to teach us...

Keep up the fun!

Attachments

• 8D28556E-EBA4-4BEC-9D90-7E2BD60BF0DE.jpg
    8D28556E-EBA4-4BEC-9D90-7E2BD60BF0DE.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 184
  • 8383FF91-7425-4AE7-A268-3FDBA25DA327.jpg
    8383FF91-7425-4AE7-A268-3FDBA25DA327.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 169
Capt. John
I hope to one day manage energy half as well as he does. He wears his J3. I am truly happy to be his friend.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND
John:-x

Thanks for posting that John. Killer

/QUOTE]
yah--there`s a lump in my throat--but wait, there`s also something in my eyes---this milestone I won`t soon forget---you guys are the greatest---John

Back