• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cannon Connector?

cubnut

SPONSOR
Canada
Would any of my fellow members know the part number of the cannon connector that is in this picture?

It is most likely a 4 pin (knowing 4 wires need to be connected) but I am struggling to find an accurate part number that will get me on my way to purchasing the correct assembly.

Would anyone know where to purchase theses particular connector units?

Thanks for your help.

Cubnut

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 171
Unscrew the connector. There will be a part number on the skirt and/or molded into the rubber between the pins. If you have problems translating the number, give me a shout.

Web

Thanks. The picture was taken in Oshkosh in order for me to look at layout and such and never took note of that level of detail.

I don’t have a connector to check at the moment.

Cubnut

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

The connector is for seasonal quick connecting/disconnecting when the amphibs are installed and removed, possibly seasonally. Ease of use.

Preferably similar function as above.

4 pin
Socket
90 degree end
Shallow - Flush type mount (on aircraft)
Solid and able to withstand all weather elements

Thanks,
Cubnut

Found it. Says AMP 206705-2 on it. 9 pin. Very stout.

Attachments

• 0DE3A544-20B7-4F49-BB2E-7120B5C34017.jpeg
    0DE3A544-20B7-4F49-BB2E-7120B5C34017.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 00E1CB7C-3016-4854-AC83-6658C0204FF5.jpg
    00E1CB7C-3016-4854-AC83-6658C0204FF5.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 125
That connector is made of composite materiel and is to large for this application. It's the same one Electronics International uses on their small gauges. He needs one of the smaller, metal, mil-spec, connectors.

Web

The best for this application would be an MS3472W10-06S for the belly and an MS3476W10-6P for the pigtail connector. Alternatives are MS3470 instead of an MS3472, as it will just be a smaller footprint (harder to put the hardware on). The 'W' for the olive drab finish can be replaced with an 'L' for stainless finish or an 'A' for black anodized finish. Use an M85049/31-10W (or L or A) grommet nut on the MS3472 connector as it will give max clearance for wires, between the connector and the floor. Use an M85049/52-10W (or L or A) as the 90* backshell for the MS3476 connector. Both of these have (6), 20 gauge size, crimp type pins/sockets and can be used indefinitely with a little care when extracting the pins and sockets.

If you insist on using solder type connectors (not recommended) use an MS3100A14S-2S (smaller) or an MS3102A14S-2S (larger) for the belly. You'll probably need to leave the backshell off for clearance. Use an MS3108B14S-2P connector with an MS3057-8C strain relief for the pigtail. These will work best if you pot the back of the connector with some type of silicone compound to help seal out the weather. These are 4 pin connectors but are in a larger 16 gauge size as 20 gauge sizes are not available.

Web

Thank you for all your effort. I will check into these part numbers and seek availability. Great information, looks like what I need.

I want to thank you again for helping me out!

Thanks Steve.

That’s what I need the connection info for....a wip install similar to what you have in the pic.

Thanks for the helpful pic!

Cubnut

Back