• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

C85 oil screen housing crush gasket?

Onesick784

SPONSOR
On the an900 gasket there is a flat side and a rolled side... which side should go to the aluminum housing, and which side would go out to the brass plug that holds the temperature sensor? And why for curiosity's sake?

I have been running these small engines for 55 years, and never gave it even a moment's thought. Also never had a leak, ever.

Leads to another question: spark plug gaskets are stamped, which way do you put them on the plug? I always put them with sharp edges to plug but don’t know why, probably doesn’t matter.

Leads to another question: spark plug gaskets are stamped, which way do you put them on the plug? I always put them with sharp edges to plug but don’t know why, probably doesn’t matter.

Actually, every washer has a sharp edge and a rounded edge. Always put the rounded edge toward the base metal, and the sharp edge toward the bolt head or nut. You don't want the sharp edge marring your base metal. So you're doing it right with your plugs!

Back